- Demonstrate the ability in identifying and assisting in the maintenance of a safe and secure environment.
- Demonstrate and have a strong working knowledge in the safe functioning of the operating table and its attachments in order to achieve patient safety and relevant positioning.
- Assist in and implement precautions for client positioning in the operating department in order to achieve the relevant position.
- Demonstrate ability to assist in transfer and lifting of clients on beds and trolleys safely in the operating theatre under the supervision of the circulating person or sister.
- Assist in safe positioning of theatre lights and electrical equipment under the supervision of the circulating person.
- Tidying and stocking of all theatre supplies and anesthetic supplies in each store room.
- Liaise and report stock usage in each theatre with the charge nurse.
- Ensure linen supply is stocked and tidy.
- Ensure all oxygen/nitrous oxide, CO2 gas cylinders are stocked in the Operating Theatres and order when necessary.
- Transport specimens to the Laboratory each AM & PM safely. Record all items in specimen book in conjunction with the Laboratory staff.
- Collect blood or blood products from Laboratory as requested from multi-disciplinary team.
- Ensure any special requirements for patient’s surgical needs are available in each theatre.
- Check changing rooms for supplies and tidiness and report any problems concerning cleaning.
- Assist in tidying each theatre and equipment between cases as requested by medical and nursing staff.
- Assist the multi-disciplinary team with correct disposal of waste from theatre to disposal room including suction liners, which should also include the correct type off bag, color labeling and safe seal of bag.
- Observe hospital policies for the safe disposal of sharps with correct closing and labeling of sharp boxes.
- Any other duties as assigned by your manager.
- FETAC Qualification – Major Award or working towards finishing all modules essential
- Previous experience in a similar role desirable
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Flexibility in work practices
To apply, please refer to
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday, July 8th
Blackrock Health at The Galway Clinic is an Equal Opportunities Employer