Orwell Healthcare is one of Dublin’s most respected healthcare providers, with an unrivalled reputation for the care and consideration we demonstrate every day to our residents since 1987.
We have two locations based in Rathgar. Orwell Private includes Convalescence, Long Term Care, and an Acquired Brain Injury Unit. Our second location, Orwell Queen of Peace specializes in Long Term Care.
Our vision is to provide a continuum of care in a friendly, homely but luxurious environment – right in the heart of your own neighborhood. This continuum is made up of residential long and short-term care, Acquired Brain Injury Care, Dementia Care and Respite Care, along with a wide variety of conditions. A friendly and supportive home care service is also provided for our more independent and self-reliant clients.
Orwell Healthcare, Rathgar, Dublin 6 and Orwell Queen of Peace, Garville Avenue are seeking to recruit motivated, caring, and compassionate Health Care Assistants.
Requirements of the Health care assistant:
· QQI Level 5 in Healthcare, Pre-Nursing or those who are working towards the qualification with at least 3 modules completed
· Previous nursing home experience
· The desire to be part of a team
· Genuine passion for working in healthcare and to provide person centred care
· Experience with Neuro/Rehab and Acquired Brain Injury an advantage
· Good level of spoken and written English
Responsibilities of the Health care assistant:
· To work as part of a team of Healthcare Assistants, under the direction of the Nursing team.
· To provide quality person-centred care to meet the needs of residents for them to continue living independently with privacy and dignity.
· To promote a caring environment for residents through high standards of professional practice which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual, and spiritual needs of the service users.
· To provide high standard services as specified in agreed care plans and to contribute to the continual review of r resident’s needs.
What we offer you:
· Competitive rate of pay for the right candidate
· Paid mandatory training
· Subsidised café
· Death in Service Insurance
· Company Pension
· Continuous Professional Development
· Employee referral scheme
· Tax saver scheme (Bus, Rail, Bike to work)
· Employee assistance programme
· Bike storage
Please note: all job offers are subject to references, Garda Vetting and pre-employment medical.
Orwell Healthcare is an equal opportunities employer.