Home Sharing Link Social Worker
Longford Westmeath Area
Senior Practitioner Permanent Full time Position (70 hours per fortnight)
The Muiríosa Foundation aims to focus and organise resources and capacities, to ensure that the individual has access to the range and level of supports, which he/she requires to experience a self-directed, connected, inclusive, meaningful and fulfilling life. Meeting the needs of persons with special needs and their families, in line with professional social work practices, consistent with the Vision and mission of the Muiríosa all times the individual to whom we provide support and services is at the centre of decision-making.
Home Sharing is a model of community respite and support for adults and children with a moderate to severe intellectual disability.
Essential Requirements – Home Sharing Link Social Worker:
- National qualification in Social Work or equivalent – Qualification must be agreed by the national Social Work Qualification Board
- Further relevant education desirable
- CORU Registration on the Social Work Register
- Three Years relevant post-qualification experience in a professional setting
- Experience in the field of Intellectual Disability required
- Report writing skills essential in the Social Work role
- Clinical and professional knowledge to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the role
- Willingness to develop IT skills relevant to the role, including Word, Email and other I.T systems as required
- Will be required to visit workplaces across the organisation and must use own transport for same
Informal enquiries to:
Janet Daly at [Links Not Allowed] or contact
Closing Date for receipt of completed applications: 11th July 2022
Provisional Interview date: 20th July 2022 (tbc)
For more information on Home Sharing visit [Links Not Allowed]
To apply and for further details please go to our web page at
Current Vacancies Muiriosa Foundation [Links Not Allowed]
(Due to the current Covid-19 Pandemic interviews be carried out using the Microsoft Teams App)
N.B. When applying for positions on Rezoomo it is recommended to use a PC, Laptop or Tablet as some mobile phones are not compatible with this software.