A commitment to living the values of Teamwork, Respect, Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality.
We are an independent voluntary organisation providing services and support for people with disabilities and their families for more than 70 years. Our work positively impacts the lives of over 10,000 people with disabilities, equipping them with the confidence, skills, and self-belief to achieve their expressed goals
Home Support Worker
Limerick Home Support Service
Permanent Contract, Various Part-time Contracts available
We want you to join our RehabCare team and help us to protect some of the most vulnerable people in our society. We need people like you. People who want to upskill and work within an industry that is always in demand. We need kind, caring and compassionate people, who want to help support our clients to live happy and independent lives, within their own communities. We also ask that you have a full, clean driver’s licence and your own transport.
You will provide a home support service to older persons and to adults and children with disabilities.
Our multi-disciplinary team approach to client services enables our clients to live with respect and dignity, within their own homes and communities.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- A relevant QQI Healthcare qualification or equivalent is desirable
- Experience of working with elderly persons and /or with physical and sensory disabilities
- Experience in the provision home based services
- A basic knowledge of domiciliary care
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting service users in all the activities of daily living
- To facilitate service users to maintain and promote their independence
- Assist service users in the taking of medication in line with policy and procedure
What We Offer Successful Candidates
- Mileage between clients
- Team Leader support
- Paid training
- Full clean driving licence is essential with access to your own vehicle
- To maintain the privacy and confidentiality of service users, at all times
- Company pension scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Taxsaver travel scheme
- Income protection
- Health and Wellbeing programme
Closing Date: 8 th July 2022
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services
Rehab Group is an equal opportunities employer