Our client is a leading supplier of Medical Device equipment in the Hospital Sector across Ireland. Due to growth of their Irish team, they are seeking to add an Account Manager to an established team, ideally located in the Leinster area, to sell the Intermittent Pneumatic Compression Therapy portfolio across Ireland. This is an established territory so there will be excellent training provided to the person who gets the role. Responsible for creating new customer accounts and maximising both revenue and margin within existing accounts, through implementation and execution of sound commercial strategies to grow IPC business for the treatment of Leg Ulcers and prevention of Deep Vein Thrombosis / Pulmonary Embolism (DVT/PE). This is in all areas of Acute and Private healthcare, differentiating our client as the IPC solution provider through education, solution selling and collaboration. Preferably you will have a deep understanding of Healthcare challenges and value drivers as well as excellent prospecting, selling and negotiation skills
A strong Business Development and networking ability is required for this role. It is very customer focussed – long term relationships & building on a strong base of customers already on the territory. You will be calling on public & private Hospitals as well as Nursing homes on a daily basis. Must have a full Irish driver’s licence.
- Deliver individual IPC budget through growth in existing customers and growth of new customers from across Ireland.
- Maintaining excellence on the CRM system with up-to-date Account plans and full customer information, correspondence and activities.
- Collaborate with other members of our Clients sales teams who work cross-functionally in our customer accounts.
- Have ownership of individual Service Level Agreements for ALL customers, ensuring they are up to date, performing against the garment/pump parameters.
- Provide an accurate pipeline and accurate weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual forecasts for IPC revenues to the Area Sales Manager for both pumps and garments.
- Work with Ireland Tenders team to complete and operate National tenders.
- Drive “best practice “in use of IPC in line with infection control and market drivers.
- Be key in driving new products into the market.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of key clinical and marketing literature such as NICE reports.
- Work collaboratively with our Clients service teams to ensure all information on the SAP system is accurate and up to date.
- Have an up-to-date knowledge of IPC pricing across all frameworks
- Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Degree in Healthcare/Science or Business.
- Must have good commercial / sales experience gained preferably within a healthcare environment.
- Background in Vascular or IPC an advantage
- Knowledge of using CRM (salesforce).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both and face to face and over the telephone.
- Demonstrating a high level of customer service, professionalism and empathy for others at all times. Confidently handling difficult conversations with customers.
- Able to problem solve and seek solutions logically in challenging situations using initiative and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrate a motivated and passionate approach to work, taking ownership for tasks.
- Planning and organising to manage time, KPI’s and workload effectively
Other Essential Requirements:
- It is essential to have excellent written and spoken English.
- Eligibility to work in Ireland (essential).
- Driving Licence: Required to hold a valid Irish driver’s licence.
- Travel: Ability to travel within the UK and abroad with overnight stays as and when required.
- Enhanced Garda Vetting clearance: Required at the cost of our client.
- Must have good Microsoft Office Skills namely Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
For further details please contact: Karen Shiel on or send CV to