The role of Income Protection Claims Assessor, the post holder will be accountable for the assessment and case management of such claims, conversing with and supporting customers and external stakeholders over the telephone and via email.
This role will be based out of our client offices based in South Dublin.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for assessing and reviewing a high volume of income protection and specified illness claims
- Accountable for case management of these claims, working with clients as well as clinical providers to develop rehabilitation and recovery plans
- Identifying cases that have the potential for claim recovery and then working with these clients, providing support as required in conjunction with our internal & external specialists
- Requesting additional medical evidence to validate claims when required, leading cases to a suitable outcome (i.e. return to work, termination, continue to pay etc.)
- Dealing with appeals on claim terminations, including referrals to FSPO
- Participate in, and lead multi-functional project groups, to improve the quality and performance of risk claims, as well as our overall customer experience
Skills & Experience required
- Income Protection and Specified Illness claims experience is a must
- QFA and/or a Diploma in Life & Disability Claims (DLDC) is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-organised and able to run several tasks at the same time
- Excellent influencing skills, matched with an empathetic nature and the ability to showcase emotional intelligence
- Excellent interpersonal skills matched with the ability to build rapport with customers quickly