Innovation Manager – Fermentation Biotechnology
About the Company
Incredible opportunity for an ambitious candidate who is passionate about research and innovation to join a leading Food company in Cork and drive the next generation of their products.
About the Position
- Leveraging experience and knowledge in the space to further develop the portfolio of advanced ingredients
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing and new customers/partners to identify technical business opportunities
- To build capability and capacity in scientific supporting evidence and applications to promote of ingredients in the marketplace.
- To develop and manage prioritised R&D projects
- Source the most suitable raw materials for the project
- Ownership of new ingredients scale-up – responsibility for transfer of new formulations/process recipes to Operations and QC in compliance with the NPD transfer protocol. Co-ordination of entire process including regulatory and commercial aspects.
- Identify new technologies to bring innovation to the business and facilitate IP generation where relevant.
- Develop and source new ideas to populate innovation pipeline for Market & Technical Assessment.
- Participate in strategic discussions and delivery of Strategic objections.
- Take a hands-on approach to drive the successful delivery of projects, ensuring internal and external stakeholders are kept abreast of timescales, critical paths and progress through regular presentations and meetings
- To attend relevant training courses and exhibitions.
- Science based qualification preferably to post graduate level. (Biotech, Life sciences Food Technology/ Bio-transformation, Food science, Food nutrition or equivalent.)
- 5-10 years relevant technical experience in a value-added dairy or related high end nutrition industry (Biotech, Dairy, Pharmaceutical, Infant, Clinical)
- Experience in microbial fermentation or chemical engineering with a biological /biochemical emphasis
- Strain development, Enzyme and Fermentation expertise, processing and scale up
- Analytical and biochemistry expertise
- Knowledge of Microbiology, DNA technologies, metabolic engineering and biochemistry
- Proven ability in interpreting scientific data
Strong salary on offer, negotiable depending on experience.
For more information on the role or any other Engineering or Life Sciences roles call Nigel on or email me or click the apply button below.
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website;