1484 McDermott Laboratories Limited
At VIATRIS, we see healthcare not as it is but as it should be. We act courageously and are uniquely positioned to be a source of stability in a world of evolving healthcare needs.
Viatris empowers people worldwide to live healthier at every stage of life.
We do so via:
Access – Providing high quality trusted medicines regardless of geography or circumstance;
Leadership – Advancing sustainable operations and innovative solutions to improve patient health; and
Partnership – Leveraging our collective expertise to connect people to products and services.
Our Global Device Development organisation is focused on the design, development and commercialisation of a diverse portfolio of device technology solutions to enable delivery for our large and growing generic and branded products around the globe. We develop device technologies to enable drug-delivery for respiratory, biologic, biosimilar and injectable products, and work across Viatris to support innovative technology solutions to provide healthcare solutions for our patients. We operate from 4 sites: Dublin, Ireland, Cambridge & Sandwich, UK and Southpointe, Pittsburgh, USA. Every member of our team is dedicated to creating better health for a better world, one person at a time.
Every day, we rise to the challenge to make a difference and here’s how the Intern role will make an impact:
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Support various injectables programmes (Pre-Filled Syringes, PreFilled Pens, Auto injectors) within Device & Product Performance in their adherence to Design Control (in accordance with ISO 13485) as they move through development to commercialization.
- Support in generation of key Design History File (DHF) Documentation e.g Device Requirements, Design Verification Testing Protocols/Reports, Device Control Strategy, Product Specifications etc.
- Execute incoming inspection on components and/or sub-assemblies in line with site procedures, and in a timely manner to support device development activities.
- Develop and author device test methods as required.
- Execute characterization testing in the Dublin Laboratory to support various programmes.
- Support generation of device defects and any required root cause analysis and investigation.
- Generate SOP’s and Work instructions.
- Organize on site calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Assist in equipment set-up and qualification in the on-site laboratory.
The minimum qualifications for this role are:
- Studying for a Bachelors of Engineering or Science
The ideal candidate:
- Be able to demonstrate strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to learn new skills and work effectively in teams.
- Have strong technical writing and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficiency with analytical software packages such as minitab/ MATLAB is desirable.
- Experience using design software such as Solidworks/creo is desirable
A t Viatris, we offer competitive salar ies , benefits and an inclusive environment where you can use your experiences, perspectives and skills to help make an impact on the lives of others.
Viatris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.