Saongroup is an international leader in online recruitment. Saongroup in turn is owned by Stepstone GmbH, one of the world’s leading e-recruitment businesses with some of the most successful online job portals in the industry. We are a global company and are home to Ireland’s number one recruitment website. Companies all over the world partner with us for the recruitment of qualified specialists and executive staff. We operate across Europe, Africa & the Americas. We enable our customers to find the best possible matches for their recruitment needs. In doing so, our aim is to help organisations achieve better talent success than any other job marketplace, in the areas where we operate.
The Internal Communications Manager is responsible for continually developing and improving StepStone Atlantic’s internal communications capability, whilst defining and implementing the strategy. They have a strong background in delivering communications excellence with a focus on employee engagement, plus creating and maintaining content across a variety of online and offline channels. They co-ordinate and execute employee initiatives and have a strong commitment to creating and contributing to an inclusive people focussed culture.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly organised people person who is passionate about company culture, employee engagement and driving change. This role is based in Dublin but will be supported by the main Internal Communications team in London and will report into the Project Director of Comms and Engagement.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define and deliver an effective internal communications strategy to engage approx. 400 employees across multiple business functions and locations within the StepStone Atlantic region (Ireland, Central America, South Africa and the Caribbean)
- Work with StepStone Atlantic leadership team to develop creative, compelling company-wide initiatives, communications and presentations, suitable for diverse audiences across multiple locations
- Creation of a regular heartbeat of communications through delivery of: Townhall meetings, newsletters, ‘ask me anything’ sessions, HR updates including our employee engagement surveys as well as Board meetings
- Develop & maintain a core information hub that is accessible to all employees to maximise employee engagement
- Create, update and distribute timely content on business plans and developments and corporate development via a variety of channels, in all office locations
- Advise senior team on internal communications in both a planned and strategic manner and on an urgent, reactive basis – including facilitating effective and timely communications in a crisis
- Build relationships with employees across the Atlantic region to enable effective rollout of communications and activities outside of head office
- Employ structured approaches to analysing the effectiveness and quality of internal communications activity and recommend changes
- Build and maintain strong collaborative working relationship with a variety of key stakeholders and content providers, most importantly working in partnership with HR on the communication of anything from policy change to employee initiatives, creating dynamic and engaging messaging.
- Flexible approach to role, willingness to support colleagues with wider engagement programmes and internal initiatives as required.
- Support employee-led networks when required to ensure suitable tone and timely delivery of their messaging across the business
- Act as ‘brand guardian’ ensuring correct application of our branded assets where possible
What you’ll bring:
- Proven internal communications background in a similar sized organisation
- Proven track record of working alongside a HR team to communicate and deliver employee engagement initiatives (such as wellbeing programmes, engagement surveys, employee networks)
- Experience of and credibility and gravitas to work with a large leadership team
- Ability to track and monitor engagement of communications, measuring success in order to adapt and improve approach to ensure effective messaging
- Enthusiasm and ownership to see projects through from beginning to end
- Planning for and producing social media content for various social media accounts
- High levels of customer service and professionalism in all areas of work
- Excellent attention to detail, project management and problem-solving skills
- Highly organised, adaptive, efficient and flexible
- Excellent communication skills with good written and spoken English with experience of delivering jargon-free copy, adopting a company’s tone of voice, to tight deadlines
- Proven influencing and matrix management skills, including the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Enjoy working under pressure, with a wide variety of people.
Why work for us?
- Competitive salary
- Excellent career opportunities with a clear map for progression
- Full training and continuous support
- Part of Saongroup & Stepstone, global e-recruitment platforms
- Stability / secure employment
- Respect for our people. Integrity & diversity is key
- We value every individual and encourage initiatives
- Flexible hybrid work
- Superb office, Waterways House, Grand Canal, Dublin 2. Minutes’ walk from train station
- Benefits – Private Health Care, Pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Bike to Work Scheme & TaxSaver tickets
- 25 days paid annual leave (including x2 company days off). This will increase 1 day per year to a maximum 4 additional days.
- Two paid volunteer days to each employee every calendar year. These volunteer days can be used to support the organisations you care about.
Saongroup is an Autism friendly employer. We are committed to creating equal opportunities and are happy to make reasonable accommodations, both during the interview process and in the workplace.
Our business began in Ireland in 1995 with one website and we now run websites across 12 countries on 3 continents. Saongroup currently has over 460 employees around the world and is now part of the StepStone Atlantic region.