Legal Secretary – Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Full-Time Permanent Position
Fieldfisher LLP is a European law Firm with market leading practices in many of the world’s most dynamic sectors.
Our network has more than 1,700 people working across 25 offices providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients’ needs.
Among our clients we count well-known social media sites and high street coffee chains as well as pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, insurance companies, energy suppliers, banks and technology leaders.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Legal Secretary to join our Litigation and Dispute Resolution department. The Litigation and Dispute Resolution department advises and represents clients in all aspects of commercial litigation, insurance, insolvency, procurement, pensions, judicial review, data breach, professional negligence and employment related disputes.
The successful candidate will provide secretarial and administrative support to a team of dedicated and experienced solicitors. The role will offer challenging, interesting and rewarding work within an innovative, progressive and supportive environment. This role will suit a legal secretary who is seeking to grow and develop in a busy but friendly team.
This is a full-time position however we will consider applications from candidates who wish to work part-time also.
- Formatting briefs, pleadings, letters and other legal documents;
- Analysing, researching and summarising legal information;
- Corresponding with clients, witnesses and council;
- Transcribing dictation;
- Collecting information and preparing legal documents;
- Filing, invoicing & general administrative support;
- Diary management;
- Reception cover as requested;
- Other ad hoc activities as required.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Prior experience in a similar position;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Case management system would be a distinct advantage.
To apply for this role please submit your CV and Cover letter below or if you have any questions or would like to discuss the role confidentially please contact Karen Dempsey, Human Resource Director.
Competitive salary and compensation package offered including:
- Medical Benefits;
- 3 days paid leave to cover Christmas closure each year;
- Paid Paternity leave;
- Paid Wedding leave;
- Paid Maternity leave contributions;
- Travel Tax Incentive Scheme;
- Bike to Work Initiative;
- Group Life Assurance Scheme;
- Income Protection Insurance;
- Flu Vaccination;
- Health and Wellbeing Programme;
- Sports and Social Club;
- Book Club;
- Golf Society;
- Early finish on Public holiday weekends.
Please note Fieldfisher LLP aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant’s suitability to meet the requirements of the role.