Transdev have an exciting opportunity Infrastructure Systems Team Managers within our Maintenance Team in Luas.
This position involves a shift work roster including days and nights across seven days a week.
Salary €71,000 includes 33% shift allowance for night shifts.
Key Duties Include:
· Deliver the start and end of shift brief as per company template.
· Verify at shift starting with the team if they have the correct tools to execute the activities; inform the Discipline Manager about any necessary missing tools. If possible, find an alternative.
· Verify with the team that van and plant are in good order to be used for the shift; if not try to find alternatives; inform the Discipline Manager and procurement about the vans/plant defect in order to it being repaired.
· Ensure that the AMP and planned isolations activities are concluded during the shift and that if this does not happen to transfer all necessary information to close the issue to the next shift Team Manager or lead technician and update planning board.
· Team Managers and Lead Techs are Responsible for the planned maintenance activities and for the corrective maintenance activities during their shift. All WOs should be duly checked for accuracy and closed in CARL at the end of the shift if it is possible to do it.
· Team Managers and Lead Technicians are responsible for updating the planning board and next shift Team Manager or lead technicians of ongoing works.
· Answer to LMNC calls and organize/direct his team to repair communicated faults; ensure all corrective raised are in line with the defect priority matrix as per defect and concession management process; they need to be concluded during his shift and that if this does not happen to transfer all necessary information to close the ongoing faults to the next shift TM or Lead Technician.
· Assist staff in case of any accident providing the necessary first aid in case it will be possible due to Team Manager proximity with the accident and assuming they will be duly trained on first AID; take proper actions according to H&S procedure to assist the injured party; collect all information to prepare a first report and send it to T9. TDLR H&S will then distribute inside organization. Manage escalation as per Management Procedure if necessary.
· D&A test required for all incidents and accidents according to relevant procedure
· TM to send Low Stock alert to Discipline Managers when they are aware from staff of Low Stock for any material. Brief team to properly put back tools in the Vending Machine or store them in the correct place in the van or in the tooling area.
· Organise planned Speed Restriction when required as directed by Discipline manager/Safety Team and following the correct process
· Acquire comprehensive knowledge of the Annual Maintenance Plan activities and frequency with Discipline Manager support
· Collect information for the staff Over Time and Expenses;
· Assist in preparing the Fatigue Index in case it is necessary due to high number of people working in overtime. The person arranging the OT is responsible for completing the FI. TM to be properly trained on FI calculation.
· Update roster and identify gaps that will impact on production as required when made aware on shift.
· Ask Over Time availability between staff/teams when needed and inform Discipline Manager
· Collect and complete Absence and Annual Leave Forms and update Roster;
· Suggest optimisation of maintenance activities and corrective maintenance activities in accordance with experience and knowledge.
· Completion of the line of Route daily /resolution of issues, if possible, on shift.
· Providing guidance for technicians on systems functionality
· Monitoring daily performance of technicians carrying out system maintenance using active indicators such as mean time to repair, mean time to respond and troubleshooting as well as providing support and advice
· Deputy for the Systems Manager, as required
· Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant Electronic Engineering discipline
· IT Skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and applications
· Strong attention to detail
- Corporate team worker. Works well within team environment.
- Driven, proactive, fast-learner, solution provider
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to interpret data and identify trends.
· 2 years working experience of the railway industry
– Minimum 1 year’s supervisory experience
Working knowledge of safety risks and demonstrable experience of mitigation of same
Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not require the service of an Agency for this role.
Transdev is an equal opportunities employer