Machine Vision System Engineer Job
Boston Scientific’s hybrid workplace includes remote and onsite roles. By applying to this position, you will have the opportunity to discuss your preferred working location with your Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Remote Eligible: Hybrid
Galway, G, IE
More than the opportunity of a lifetime…the chance to improve lives
Boston Scientific is one of the world’s largest medical device companies, employing over 36,000 employees. It develops, manufactures and markets more than 13,000 products in over 120 countries, treating approximately 30 million patients annually. The medical devices are used in various interventional medical specialities, including interventional cardiology, peripheral interventions, neuromodulation, neurovascular intervention, electrophysiology, cardiac surgery, vascular surgery, endoscopy, oncology, urology and gynaecology.
We are excited to add a new Machine Vision System Engineer to our Equipment Engineering Group here at our Galway site.
As our successful candidate, you will work with our manufacturing partners to develop new and innovative vision solutions in line with our Industry 4.0-Smart Factory strategies. Innovative vision solutions offer the opportunity to deliver intelligent manufacturing machines and optimise production systems while working in a purpose-built technology innovation laboratory. You will also have the chance to assist R&D and Operations on New Product Development Programs and Sustaining Programs by participating in the Prototyping, Design, Build, Commissioning and Qualification of New Equipment as well as Equipment Upgrades.
The role is primarily based in Galway, a world-class facility, although travelling abroad may be required from time to time for short periods. Working times are usually Monday to Friday, although some periodic weekend work may be needed per production schedules.
Key Activities of the Role:
- Define, implement and maintain architectures to retrieve, archive and analyse production image data.
- Develop, test, validate and deploy computer vision systems using open-source and proprietary tools such as VisionPro, Insight and MVTech.
- Provide strong leadership and problem solving to enable equipment technology innovation.
- Work closely with the customer to understand product visual inspection requirements and propose creative and cost-effective solutions to automate inspections.
- Generate quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgraded business systems.
- Ensure equipment and business requests are processed promptly and effectively and manage the execution of results.
- Determine project schedules and work with the team and other departments across the plant to ensure adherence.
- Manage projects and portions of projects as part of a larger team.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional Design Reviews.
- Draft and Review Design and Compliance Quality System documentation.
- Write detailed functional design requirements.
- Contribute to all phases of software development, including design, implementation, unit test, integration, release and validation support.
Qualifications & Experienced:
- Engineering qualification equivalent to or above NFQ Level 8
- Three plus years of experience developing Vision Systems is essential.
- Proprietary Machine Vision / Image Processing tools (e.g. Cognex VisionPro and Insight, MVTec, LabVIEW).
- Optics, sensors and lighting applied to industrial machine vision.
- C#.NETor similar.
- Digital Image Processing techniques and dataflows applied to industrial machine vision.
- Advance Statistical analysis knowledge.
- Proprietary Machine Learning software (e.g. Cognex VIDi, MVTec, Matlab) is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of deep learning theory and techniques is desirable.
- TensorFlow 2+, OpenCV, and Pandas in Python environments are desirable.
- Knowledge of Robotics and Controls.
- GAMP / Documentation life cycle for regulated industries
- Imaginative and creative approach to problem-solving and continuous improvement.
At Boston Scientific, we recognise that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative. It is essential in advancing science for life and improving patient health. We stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. #IJ
Job Segment: Facilities, Machinist, Medical Device Engineer, Systems Engineer, Medical Device, Operations, Manufacturing, Engineering, Healthcare
To be considered for this role you will be redirected to and must complete the application process on our careers page. To start the process click the Continue to Application or Login/Register to apply button below.