I am looking to speak with experienced Maintenance Managers about this super new job opportunity in Cork for a Site Maintenance Manager with one of our leading Medical Device clients? This company stands out for their culture, exceptional career development pathways and unrivalled rewards and recognition packages.
The Site Maintenance Manager will have overall ownership and responsibility for Facilities and maintenance and uptime of manufacturing equipment and systems, overseeing the continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes and systems and to drive inefficiencies and costs from the business through effective maintenance and executing long-term strategic plans.
Responsible for identifying areas to eliminate, reduce and/or avoid cost through the execution of activities within maintenance function contributing to the sites overall cost reduction program. Liaising and coordinating with Operations and engineering functions and key business partners to align with business objectives. Main contact escalation point within the site for anything that is manufacturing equipment maintenance and Facilities related.
Role will be responsible/assist with new hires, develops and carries out performance management reviews of team members to deliver the business objectives
- Manage, develop, and engage a maintenance technical services team to deliver on business requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring and delivering machine uptimes at each site in support of manufacturing to deliver on output, productivity, capacity, and service needs.
- Responsibility for delivering the manufacturing equipment maintenance standards.
- Main contact point for site for anything that is manufacturing equipment maintenance or Facilities related.
- Responsible for representing maintenance function within site, at management reviews, supporting business needs working closely with Operations and Engineering and all other functions as necessary in supporting the business.
- Responsible for continuous improvement within the maintenance function to deliver functional excellence and attainment of specific key performance indicators.
- Responsible for stakeholder engagement through the use of appropriate channels of communication to ensure that stakeholders are aware of maintenance related activities, active participation at MDI tiered meetings.
- Maintenance process owner with responsibility for the creation and development of all manufacturing equipment maintenance related processes, systems, and procedures across the site.
- Maintain and review preventive maintenance plans and procedures.
- Manage maintenance related non-conformances and Corrective Action Plans (CAPAs) to successful implementation and closure.
- Manages to an operational budget for manufacturing related equipment maintenance, spares, service contracts to deliver on financial commitments.
- Manage client direct outsourced contracts to include financial analysis and delivery of service based on KPI’s and SLA agreements.
- Responsible for identifying, implementing, and delivering cost reductions year on year to significantly deliver for the site in achieving on cost reduction cogs to cogs commitments.
- Ensure compliance to site standards, e.g. EH&S, 6S and Quality Management Systems
- Ensures contractors and any third parties are trained to do their work and their training is documented, when working on manufacturing equipment.
- Responsible for review and sign-off of plant drawing change requests.
- Responsible for the provision of weekly/monthly reporting to the business
- Planning, preparation, and participation in regulatory and compliance audits
- Plans strategically for the on-going support and changing needs of the business.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree in engineering qualification, Mechanical or Electrical or equivalent is required.
- Previous experience in maintenance/operations/engineering related functions in a regulated environment.
- Proven track record of results.
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills with the ability to manage several priorities at once will be required as will a high level of flexibility with a high-level commitment to success.
- Strong knowledge and experience of lean manufacturing principles and practices.
- Passionate about delivery and customer service
- Financial acumen with demonstrated competence in managing budgets.
- A strong leader with a skill for engaging others
- Excellent PC literacy skills required
For further information on this Site Maintenance Manager role in Cork please contact Caroline Kingston on or email Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website –
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.