Orwell Healthcare is one of Dublin’s most respected healthcare providers, with an unrivalled reputation for the care and consideration we demonstrate every day to our residents since 1987.
We have two locations based in Rathgar. Orwell Private includes Convalescence, Long Term Care, and an Acquired Brain Injury Unit. Our second location, Orwell Queen of Peace specializes in Long Term Care.
Our vision is to provide a continuum of care in a friendly, homely but luxurious environment – right in the heart of your own neighbourhood. This continuum is made up of residential long and short-term care, Acquired Brain Injury Care, Dementia Care and Respite Care, along with a wide variety of conditions. A friendly and supportive home care service is also provided for our more independent and self-reliant clients.
Orwell Healthcare are currently seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Maintenance Operative to work as part of the Maintenance team. This is an excellent opportunity to develop within our organisation. This is a Full time permanent position working 39 hours per week. This role requires flexibility in working arrangements, the successful candidate will be required to work any 5 days over 7.
The Maintenance Operative role covers the general maintenance of the nursing homes and the grounds. The overall aim of this role is to ensure that all duties assigned within the areas are carried out to the highest possible standard and in accordance with safety and Orwell Healthcare’s procedures
- To maintain confidentiality of Orwell Healthcare information and residents at all times.
- To be aware of the security of Orwell Healthcare at all times, both in terms of access to the Orwell Healthcare property and the residents’ property.
- To ensure that the buildings, grounds, furniture and equipment are maintained to a high standard ensuring the safety of all users within.
Duties of the Maintenance operative include but not limited to:
- To carry out all work necessary in maintenance and repairs.
- To use the van where necessary to deliver stock as required including food stock and other items which may be required to be delivered or collected.
- Assist the Gardener when required
- Relieve the gardener when on holidays.
- If trained, cover the driver of the mini bus
- Carry out planned maintenance, repairs, servicing and inspections
- Identify and report the need for ad-hoc repairs.
- Ensure all maintenance records are kept to a comprehensive and high standard.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The ideal candidate will possess the following;
- Previous nursing home or hotel maintenance experience an advantage.
- The desire to be part of a team
- Willingness to work hard and be actively involved in the business
- Good level of spoken and written English
What we offer you;
- Competitive rate of pay
- Additional annual leave for years of service
- In-house CPD
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension contribution
- Subsidised Café
- Refer a friend bonus
- Central location with easy access to public transport
- Free on street parking/ bike to work scheme / tax saver scheme
- Employee summer party, Christmas Party and regular social events
Please note : all job offers are subject to references, Garda Vetting and pre-employment medical.
Orwell Healthcare is an equal opportunities employer.