LOCATION Huntstown Power Station, Dublin 11
At Energia Group, energy moves us to deliver careers that power a greener and fairer future. Across our two brands that serve the entire island of Ireland – Energia and Power NI – we supply hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses with positive energy solutions and innovative technologies leading Ireland’s decarbonisation efforts. We’re looking for people with positive energy who want to transform their ambition into impact in our environment and communities.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Outage Manager to join our team.
Our Values at Energia Group
We’re trusted to bring our best selves to work, treat our customers with care an empower people and communities.
We’re adaptable and agile, always developing new ideas to improve our customers’ lives, achieve our business goals and lead on climate action.
We’re creative and capable, countering everyday problems and committing our resources to developing the solutions that deliver the best service for all.
We partner with charitable organisations, donating money, time and expertise to benefit good causes.
Your new opportunity
Reporting to our Maintenance Manager, this role will be responsible for the outage planning of our two Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) plants and manage the Gas Turbine & Steam Turbine mechanical assets to ensure the plants are running in a safe and efficient manner. This key role will manage a small multi-disciplinary team to ensure projects are delivered successfully, safely and on time. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator with strong technical knowledge of power station plant. We want someone with a passion for the energy industry and a strategic approach to contribute to the success of our plants being the most flexible and reliable on the grid.
Your key responsibilities and accountabilities
Day-to-day, here’s what your new role would look like:
- As a member of the Huntstown team, you must ensure that all employees and contractors under your control maintain proper standards in relation to our safety rules, are suitably trained and follow safe working practices.
- Manage the outage planning and execution process for both CCGTs.
- Regularly review all relevant Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) outage related reports, identify findings/issues, and plan any future corrective actions.
- Gas Turbine & Steam Turbine mechanical assets lead for both CCGTs.
- Support the management of the Long-Term Service Agreements (LTSA’s).
- Review, analyse and make recommendations to the Huntstown Senior Management team on all OEM documentation: including upgrades, modifications, bulletins, and corrective actions.
- Contribute to strategic planning and risk management processes.
- Contribute to regular professional engagement with OEM’s including preparation and presentation at OEM meetings.
- Lead, coach and develop a small team to ensure we are delivering projects in line with industry best practices.
- Collaborate with the maintenance and operations teams at Huntstown to achieve combined business objectives.
- Carry out periodic technical reviews with the Huntstown Team and take responsibility for ensuring actions are resolved.
- Contribute as part of the Huntstown Team on all audits and any associated actions from same.
- Liaise and influence colleagues in continuous improvement and innovation projects across the plants.
- Contribute to ongoing and future development of ISO standards for the Huntstown CCGTs.
- Keep up to date with best practice industry standards and share learnings on same.
Our essential criteria
These are the qualifications, experience, skills, or knowledge you must have:
- Third level qualification in an Engineering discipline or similar.
- Experience of working with CCGT assets and plant outages.
- Experience of managing contractors and/or maintenance activities, preferably in a CCGT power station environment.
- Demonstrable experience of working as part of a successful project team.
- Experience of communicating (written & verbal) technical reports to internal or external stakeholders in a timely manner.
Our desirable criteria
These help decide between talent who meet all the essential criteria:
- Experience of leading and developing a high performing team.
- Strong technical knowledge of Gas Turbine / Steam turbine plant, and associated control logic.
- Experience of demonstrating innovation or continuous improvement in your work.
- Experience of being involved in the planning and/or execution of power station outages.
- Experience of procuring and managing contracts, preferably in a CCGT power station environment.
These are the areas where we want to see your initiative and confidence shine:
You will strive to make meaningful contributions to assist with the development and testing of strategies and potential new ways of doing business.
You will lead by example and act in line with our company values. You create a positive environment by encouraging appropriate behaviour and addressing unacceptable behaviour.
Drive for Results
You drive for both you and your team to consistently deliver to commitments, responding quickly and appropriately to problems as they arise.
Professionally develop and maintain internal and external relationships, while always supporting teamwork and collaboration.
Judgement and decision making
You are comfortable with analysing and interpreting complex information followed by making sound decisions and recommendations. You can balance risks and opportunities and can cope well with uncertainty and change.
What we offer
- 25 DAYS HOLIDAY PER YEAR plus statutory days
- Annual Cost of Living salary review
- A Personal Contract – Bonus of up to 15% of your salary
- Employee assistance progamme (Counselling Service)
- Wellbeing calendar
- Membership of sports and social clubs
- Subsidised gym membership
- Car parking
- Tea and coffee available
- Career progression
- Great opportunities and year round learning
- Fully paid family private medical insurance
- Opportunity to buy extra holidays
Our additional requirements
Day-to-day, here’s what your new role would look like:
The role of Maintenance Outage Manager requires a considerable degree of drive, commitment, and flexibility to meet quality standards and project deadlines. A forward-thinking approach, a positive outlook, and the ability to work independently define the ideal talent for this role. An on call rota will be a feature of this role.