- To support production on a daily basis and ensure minimal downtime on the lines due to equipment/machine issues.
- Assists in the generation/execution of test protocols and procedures.
- Sets up and operates manufacturing and/or test equipment. Records data with limited supervision.
- Maintains accurate data and organizes and presents data in a reportable format.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of BD Enniscorthy’s policies and procedures and ISO and FDA requirements.
- Completes calibration/maintenance activities as per schedule Weekly/Monthly etc.
- Completes actions generated from GMP audits.
- Responsible for executing/assisting in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of processes and equipment to produce products that meet customer requirements and are cost effective.
- Responsible for assisting in system assurance including documentation, testing and inspection, product and process development, and non-confirming product investigations.
- Provides advice and feedback on corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Work with engineering on functionality issues and procedure updates.
- Communicate with engineering on equipment performance and functionality issues.
- Helps monitor productivity by tracking equipment downtime issues.
- Assists with the installation, debug and validation of process equipment.
- Maintain a clean/tidy and safe work area.
- Follow all safety guidelines and report unsafe conditions to supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to problem solve/flexible and ability to.
- Ability to deep dive and use a logical approach to fault find.
- Proficiency in personal computer software (Microsoft Office and Excel).
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good communication skills (written/verbal).
- Ability to integrate written and verbal instructions.
- Detail oriented.
- Good Organizational skills and daily work planning.
- Basic knowledge of standard laboratory practices.
- Basic math/statistics skills.
- Ability to collect, record and report data accurately.
- Mechanical/electrical aptitude.
Other Responsibilities may include, however are not limited to:
Supporting other functions in software validation of equipment controls such as Building management systems, facility controls, process equipment controls, HR administrative systems etc.
The successful candidate will have a strong background of managing day to day workloads and dealing with complex issues with a proven track record of root causing and implementing solutions. Have an understanding of mechanical, electrical and other utility systems. Ideally the right candidate will have a Certificate and /or degree in science, math or Engineering.
The ideal candidate will have experience as maintenance technician preferably in a medical device manufacturing process. High level of understanding of Lean and six sigma principles is required and have experience in performing calibration and maintenance activities and rapid prototyping.
You will have to maintain a professional working relationship with internal & external customer/suppliers and support staff and participate on complex and diverse projects.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.