A vacancy exists for a permanent Engineering Technician within my clients Maintenance Team. This role will directly report to the Maintenance Supervisor and is a shift based role. Based in the Dublin manufacturing facility, the overall responsibility of the technician will be to complete all maintenance activities as required on site.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
To work as an Engineering Technician and perform the following day to day duties within the Sterile Operations Business Unit to agreed standards and run rates:
- Machine Changeovers, diagnose and repair machine breakdowns.
- Complete all CMMS and give support to the operations team as necessary and develop and update work orders and spare parts.
- Complete PMs to maintain the equipment and keep accurate records of same.
- Develop and/or assist in machine improvements and identify and become involved in all continuous improvement’s projects aimed at optimizing equipment effectiveness.
- Maintain all company documentation to the highest GMP standard and ensure all company documentation is completed correctly e.g. work orders, logbooks, autoclave forms, LPRs, training records, plant data books etc.
- To assist in developing and maintaining an appropriate spare parts stock.
- Compile and participate in shift handover meetings to ensure continuous smooth running and proper communication of issues.
- Engineering Technicians should be cross trained, interchangeable and flexible to cover maintenance activities relating to other areas.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum requirement of 5 years experience working as an Engineering or Maintenance technician/fitter/electrician in Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Food or FMCG production.
- Strong understanding of GMP is desired.
- 3rd level qualification is desired but not necessary.
- Experience in a reliability centred maintenance organisation is desired but not necessary
- Experience in a machine shop environment on CNC Lathe, CNC Milling machine and welding is desirable