At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol Myers Squibb Ireland
Bristol Myers Squibb has been in operation in Ireland since 1964, employing over 650 people across a range of activities and business units
Located in Dublin, Cruiserath Biologics Campus, a one billion Multi-Product Cell Culture Biologics Manufacturing facility plays a central role in the Global Product Development and Supply (GPS) network as the company’s first European biologics manufacturing facility. This state of the art facility will produce multiple therapies for the company’s growing biologics portfolio. Global Biologics Laboratory (GBL) responsible for the release testing of Biologics Drug product for the network, is also based on the Cruiserath Biologics Campus.
BMS Cruiserath has been awarded “Biopharma Company of the Year 2019” in the Irish Pharma Industry Awards and is certified as a Great Place to Work since 2017, including as a Great Place to Work for Women in 2020 and 2021.
For more information about Bristol Myers Squibb, visit /ie
BMS Cruiserath Biologics is seeking to recruit a permanent Manager, Digital Plant, Laboratory IT. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital Plant Laboratory IT & IT Compliance, the Manager, Digital Plant, Laboratory IT will be responsible for ensuring the performance and uptime of critical laboratory systems.
The incumbent will lead the operational support and the introduction/ upgrade of new instruments for the laboratories at BMS, Cruiserath. They will work closely with the Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Computer Systems Validation and Digital Plant functions to ensure the ongoing operation and compliance of the laboratories systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads a team of engineers and contractors to maintain and provide operational IT support for laboratory systems
- Ensure KPI’s are in place to track performance and drive business improvement
- Ensure that all activities completed on Laboratory Digital Plant and Benchtop Analytical equipment is carried out in a compliant manner, meets 21 CFR Part 11, EU Annexe 11, cGLP/GMP’s, and Corporate & local BMS compliance requirements.
- Day to day compliance support of Digital Plant Laboratory Systems including user access reviews, system performance monitoring, change control, data management.
- Management of Digital Plant lifecycle procedures including change management, incident management, disaster recovery.
- Ensure the Digital Plant processes/procedures meet the business and site Quality Management System requirements and their evolution/improvement to meet the changing business and compliance needs.
- Develops processes and procedures to support the operational/project activities of the Laboratory Digital Plant team.
- Where required, acts as the local point of contact for enterprise related Digital Plant systems and incidents.
- Leads projects and is a key team member for the introduction of both upgraded and new laboratory systems
- Please note that there will be up to 25% of travel required as part of this role
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or Life Sciences.
- Extensive experience of working in a pharmaceutical laboratory environment, with specific knowledge of integration of IT and laboratory instrument systems
- Experience of working in GMP Quality Management Systems in laboratory or manufacturing environment
- Ability to keep work pace and meet deadlines. Good organisation and planning skills.
- Strong leadership, communication skills, critical thinking, and customer management skills.
- Proven success working well in a team environment with flexibility to react to changing business needs.
- Ability to anticipate, evaluate and resolve multiple, simultaneous operational issues.
- Ability to work independently and remotely with minimum direct supervision.
What’s important to us
Employees are expected to display the BMS Values, which move us toward our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases:
- Passion: Our dedication to learning and excellence helps us to deliver exceptional results.
- Innovation: We pursue disruptive and bold solutions for patients.
- Urgency: We move together with speed and quality because patients are waiting.
- Accountability: We all own BMS’ success and strive to be transparent and deliver on our commitments.
- Integrity: We demonstrate ethics, integrity and quality in everything we do for patients, customers and colleagues.
- Inclusion: We embrace diversity and foster an environment where we can all work together at our full potential.
We have a passion for tackling the toughest diseases, which inspires innovation and speed in our daily work and a sense of accountability to the patients we serve.
Why you should apply
- You will help patients in their fight against serious diseases
- You will be part of a company that encourages excellence and innovation, respects diversity, develops leaders and values its employees.
- You’ll get a competitive salary and a great benefits package including an annual bonus, pension contribution, family medical allowance, 23.5 days annual leave plus 3 Company days, life assurance, on-site gym and gain-sharing bonus.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.