Role: Manager, Investigator Payments
Location: Dublin, Ireland
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
* Maintain positive, strong working relationships with clients, vendors and staff.
* Communicate effectively with IPG’s stakeholders and clients so that their expectations can be managed accordingly while also ensuring that they continue to receive the highest standards of service from IPG.
* Represent the views and requirements of IPG at a functional, departmental and divisional level within ICON and externally as necessary
* Provide IPG input into the development of proposals and costings, participate in Bid Defence and pre-selling meetings as required
* Function as a key, senior level liaison for ICON with clients, as appropriate.
* Ensure the department and its staff operate in a professional, service-orientated and client orientated manner
* Drive/contribute to process improvement initiatives within IPG and in the wider organisation – including documentation of the processes changes in SOPs/WPs etc
* Drive system performance, compliance & change within IPG
* To oversee the generation of IPG performance metrics, to analyze trends and to liaise with senior management re suggesting, implementing and designating actions as appropriate.
* Ensure that study, department and employee performance is objectively & systematically measured. improved and reviewed on a regular basis
* Oversee management of projects and/or direct projects to ensure they are conducted in an effective manner, meeting sponsor timelines and expectations and in adherence with ICON KPls, SOPs, appropriate regulations and ICON’s quality standards.
* Monitor the quality specification within project(s)/department.
* Optimise staff utilisation/recovery
* Comply with ICON’s project governance system; keep senior management informed of project status in relation to quality, cost and timelines.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture -one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career -both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
To be considered for this role you will be redirected to and must complete the application process on our careers page. To start the process click the Continue to Application or Login/Register to apply button below.