About the role
Responsible for accelerating the pace and effectiveness of NPI by developing a culture of innovation within the NPI team while leveraging our GQO and divisional partnerships.
Project Management oversight and leadership for programmes and driving functional excellence for project management team. Successfully lead the team to deliver key programs or projects per associated timelines, quality requirements within budgetary constraints.
- Develop a support network of key divisional/corporate leaders, academic and supplier partners to enhance understanding of product design, manufacturing and quality.
- Lead a culture of innovation within the function by developing and implementing project management forums and reviews for the project management team.
- Setting Functional Excellence goals for team in areas such as project & budget planning, supply and risk management, organisational alignment, supply management and communication.
- Develop skills matrix in line with product road maps identifying the necessary training and coaching for team members to ensure that project management and team based skills are acquired, applied and maintained by team members.
- Provide direction to the team in complex or difficult situations, remove obstacles, assign appropriate resources and interface with other functions to assist with issue resolution.
- Assume the role of mentor for PMs in the function.
- Responsible for project, stakeholder and people management including planning, risk assessment and tracking of all assigned projects. Will successfully lead the team to deliver key programs or projects per associated quality, time and cost constraints.
- Be an effective partner across all functions within divisional and GQO organisations to deliver associated new products in line with divisional pipelines. Participate and represent the function at required business forums.
- Partner with HR in identifying, acquiring top talent while developing and retaining talent within the team.
- Responsible for the implementation, enforcement and compliance of all relevant quality, regulatory and safety standards.
- Working with teams to set adequate project scope and delivering on relevant metrics (time, financial, performance, quality, operational, manufacturing, scale up, etc.).
- B.S in Engineering, Science or business discipline required or a related masters degree.
- 3 to 5 Years leadership experience or substantial engineering support or project management experience in a team-based environment is required.
- Experience in managing a new products or process team preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing and presentation skills essential.
- Relevant PM experience and use of PM tools and methodologies
- Individual must possess strong leadership skills, proven ability to coach and mentor individuals in technical skills and/or people development areas. The individual should enjoy working in a dynamic and results driven team-based environment with flexibility essential.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management and engineering experience in new product introduction in a regulated environment preferred.
- Requires an analytical, logical and strategic thought process.
- Experience of process mapping, lean manufacturing, use of six sigma tools and process/ product validations would prove beneficial.
- Experience with medical devices, regulated industry, clinical or pre-clinical work would be beneficial as would experience in managing design development and vendor management.