Manufacturing Engineer II
About the role: This position leads initiatives for the daily support of production lines, manufacturing processes, materials, and equipment to meet performance goals (i.e., safety, quality, cost, and delivery). In addition to production line support, this position will also be responsible for continuous improvement projects related to cost reduction, efficiency improvements, and other strategic initiatives supporting the production unit. This will be achieved through a high level of interaction with counterparts in other functions (i.e. Research and Development, Quality, Production Supervisors, Equipment Techs). You will work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment applying problem solving tools to support the production line while working cross-functionally with quality and production teams to achieve performance goals and implement continuous improvement projects.
- Provides daily support of production, processes, materials and equipment to achieve department goals (i.e. safety, quality, delivery, and cost).
- Works cooperatively with R&D, Process Development, Quality, Production, Regulatory, Equipment Engineering, Supply Chain, and Marketing to ensure improvement projects are implemented successfully and on time.
- Successfully contributes to resolution of problems in the manufacturing lines or improvement of processes, typically including the following activities: process capability studies, process development, Six Sigma and Value Improvement projects, report preparation and process/test documentation.
- Performs equipment qualification, process validation, and test method validation activities
- Designs and coordinates standard engineering tests and experiments.
- Designs, procures, and fabricates equipment tooling and fixtures.
- Summarizes, analyzes, and draws conclusions from test results.
- Applies problem solving and process improvement methodologies to improve complex and diverse manufacturing processes across multiple product lines, ensuring root cause of problem is identified and quickly resolved.
- Prepares standard reports/documents to communicate results to the technical community.
- May lead cross-functional project teams.
- Identifies, implements, and manages equipment requirements to support production goals.
- Trains and/or provides work direction to operators/technicians.
What we’re looking for in you: Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Mechanical, Biomedical, Chemical, Manufacturing, or Industrial
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot manufacturing processes utilizing problem solving skills
- Highly collaborative, with strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Medical device OR Automotive industry experience
- Electronics design and/or electronics manufacturing experience
- Familiar with Process Improvement and Problem Solving tools such as DMAIC
- Knowledgeable of statistical tools for evaluating process performance, measuring relationships between variables and cause-effect analysis.
- Experience with developing project plans, and recovery scenarios.
For further information on this role in Indiana, USA, please contact Anna McGowan on / Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website –
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.