At Merit Medical, our mission is to create innovative medical devices that improve lives. Our goal is to hire and develop people who want to build something special through hard work, team effort, and commitment. Together, we are making a difference in the lives of patients around the world.
•Attractive Salary package
•Defined Contribution Pension Plan
•Health Insurance Cover
•Health & Wellbeing Events Calendar
•Excellent career progression opportunities
•Quality Subsidised Canteens & Barista Service
•Active Sports and Social Club
We are Global
Merit Medical Galway commenced with 22 employees in 1993. Since then Merit has enjoyed year on year revenue growth and developed its workforce to over 900 employees. Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, Merit maintains a diverse, multi-campus manufacturing footprint in Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Australia with a global distribution.
Medtech Company of the Year Winner
Merit Medical Galway are proud winners of the Medtech Company of the Year Award, a prestigious award recognizing those who are exceling in the MedTech industry
At Merit Medical Galway almost 60% of all roles are filled by internal employees! We focus on encouraging, believing in and providing a platform for you to progress your career!
A supportive and collaborative environment make Merit Medical a friendly, enjoyable place to work. We are proud of our energetic and dynamic culture. Diversity & Inclusion is evident here with an 50/50 ratio of male and female employees as well as 30 nationalities onsite! We value every employee as an individual.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in working on and delivering projects of varying complexity. The candidate will be capable of being part of, or leading cross-functional project teams and liaising with other key personnel including senior management to ensure the successful completion of those projects.
We are now seeking applications from passionate project engineers to support and contribute to transforming our business. Join Merit today and play a key role. Implement your new ideas and make your mark. Apply Today!
- Lead project team(s) or work as part of an overall project team on specific assignment objectives for Manufacturing projects of varying complexity from initial concept to final validation.
- Plan, organize and provide direction to cross-functional team members including engineers, technicians, and production personnel, as required.
- Capable of working independently to scope and investigate complex documentation challenges.
- Analysis of data, leading to the development, implementation, and verification of approved solutions.
- Under minimum direction, generate and review ECO’s (Engineering Change Orders) in relation to Design/Process Validations (MVP’s, Protocols, Reports, etc.).
- Provide input and direction to management on various technical issues.
- Using AutoCAD, SolidWorks or similar design package, create technical specifications and/or drawings as required.
- Liaise with external vendors, seek quotes, and manage timelines for the receipt of goods/services where required.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters in an Engineering discipline or equivalent, with at least 3 years, experience in a medical device or similar industry.
- Demonstrated experience of Design / Process Validation documentation.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Medical Device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to problem solve moderately complex technical problems.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Experience dealing with and managing cross-functional project teams.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Project, Excel, Word etc. or similar.
- Proficient user of AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or similar design software.
Merit Medical is an Equal Opportunities Employer
To be considered for this role you will be redirected to and must complete the application process on our careers page. To start the process click the Continue to Application or Login/Register to apply button below.