Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 75,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Our vision for “function or BU” at BD
Our Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick provides cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius. We are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you, where you will be at the forefront of creating and developing specialised devices, software solutions and systems to help others. You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
About the role
As Mechanical Technician you will perform analytical testing on medical devices.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Complete day-to-day, hands-on tasks and deliverables as part of the Mechanical team.
- Perform analytical testing on medical devices to generate data used to improve product design.
- Assist in generating and executing formal Test Protocols and authoring Test Reports.
- Concisely communicates technical challenges and recommend possible solutions.
- Generate product development documentation and reports using appropriate technical writing.
- Maintain accurate data records and present data in a reportable format.
- Adheres to all BD policies and procedures and is able to maintain compliance with ISO and FDA requirements.
- Assists in the installation, qualification, validation, and maintenance of R&D laboratory equipment.
- Participates in technical review meetings, as required.
- Ability to work effectively with a highly diverse, international cross-functional team.
- Ability to think outside the box and a willingness to propose novel ideas in an open forum.
- Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; pushing oneself and others to exceed performance goals and standards; strong and independent drive for success.
- The successful candidate must have a technical qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar (e.g., Mechatronics, Manufacturing) acquired through apprenticeship or 3rd level and will have industrial experience in an R&D environment preferably in the medical device industry.
- Experience working with infusion pumps or similar applications is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently in a laboratory environment with minimal supervision.
- Good verbal and written communication with all levels of technical and operating management.
- Ability to adhere to a strict process-driven schedule.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team or individually across international borders.
- Attention to detail paramount.
- Proficient in typical office software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to follow procedures to operate a wide range of laboratory equipment
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program – which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components – is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.