Job Purpose: To provide professional administrative support, perform clerical duties and reception work as part of the Beacon CARE Fertility team
Directly Reporting to the Clinic Manager
Full time position 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Due to the nature of the position it is a requirement to be fully on site in our clinic in Sandyford
Fixed term contract for 1 year – Maternity leave cover
Main Duties include but are not limited to:
- Typing of all patient communication and letters (Transcription and treatment protocol letters)
- All medical secretary duties requested by the Consultants.
- To assist the Administration team with clerical and administration duties.
- Ensure correct policies and procedures for the handling of patient information and processing medical documents is adhered to at all times.
- Filing and processing patient records, including filing investigative results, correspondence etc in a timely fashion.
- To in-put patient data on CIS computer system and ensure that patient details are accurate and kept up to date.
- Reception duties as requested by Clinic Manager. These duties may include but are not limited to:
- Greeting all those attending the Unit; inform the nursing staff of patient arrivals and register all new patients.
- Ensure visitors and staff sign in as appropriate.
- Take payments from patients for consultations and treatments.
- Organise patient appointments, and liaise with nursing & medical staff as appropriate.
- Manage administration regarding patient registration and general enquiries, either by telephone or in person.
- Undertake photocopying and other general office duties
- Handle all incoming telephone calls by dealing with queries where appropriate, or passing the enquirer onto the relevant department. Take accurate messages, detailing the nature of the enquiry and pass to the relevant member of staff without delay.
- To respond promptly to all patient requests including issuing of brochures and treatment information.
- Observe the established standard in respect of appearance and time-keeping.
- Ad Hoc duties and requests from the Clinic Manager in line with organisational success
- 2+ years experience in a clinical environment
- The successful candidate must be educated to minimum QQI level 5 in Medical administration or substantial previously experience in a relevant field.
- To provide professional administrative support, perform clerical duties and reception work as part of the Beacon CARE Fertility team
- The candidate must be a proficient typist.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packing, particularly Word and Outlook.
- Fluent in written and oral English.
- Strong organisational skills and time keeping essential.
- A strong understanding and appreciation of patient confidentiality
For general enquiries on this role please contact Brian McDonald HR Manager at the following address