Position: MRI Radiographer
Start Date: Immediate
As part of the Affidea Group, we are the most successful pan- European healthcare diagnostics imaging company. We have 300 staff within our Irish clinics, where the business operates diagnostic imaging and minor injuries centres around the country, offering a broad range of cutting-edge imaging technology and healthcare services to the public, insurers, employers and other organisations.
We are now seeking a MRI Radiographer (Full Time) to join our team in Waterford.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- To perform MRI examinations under the remit of the scope of services offered by the Centre as well as cover in other Radiology areas such as x-ray and DXA if required by the company.
- To be professionally responsible for all aspects of your own work.
- To maintain the highest standards of patient care and report any discrepancies found in that regard. Be responsible for specific aspects of service activities as may be delegated from time to time the Clinical Specialist, Clinical Lead or RSM.
- Be conversant with, and observe, MRI safety and radiation safety local and national/international rules.
- Make appropriate use of radiation protective devices provided if working in applicable areas.
- Observe departmental policy regarding radiological examinations of women of reproductive capacity.
- Accept only those request, which are property authorised in accordance with established criteria, and where requests are for examinations that will be of benefit to the patient.
- Ensure that patient understands the nature of the examination, and that the patients consent is obtained prior to carrying out any examination.
- Assist in the safe transfer and movement of patients under your care.
- Strive to achieve optimum quality images first time i.e. careful consideration to patient identification, justification of examination, relevant clinical history, preparation of patient, patient positioning, choice of imaging equipment, use of anatomical markers, selection of exposure factors, image processing, identification and labelling of images.
- Ensure that each examination is fully completed, images sent to PACS and exam closed on RIS.
- Keep a record of every radiological examination carried out on RIS, noting radiation doses and other statistics where appropriate.
- Ensure CPD is continuous and records maintained for renewal of CORU registration.
- Comply with departmental policies and procedures.
- Participate in the staff development and individual performance review process.
Qualifications / Experience
- 3+ years satisfactory post qualification experience (including at least 2 years in MRI)
- BSc in Diagnostic Imaging or equivalent recognised qualification
- CORU Registration
- Post Graduate qualification in MRI desirable but no essential
- Certification of Competence in administering intravenous injections.
- Basic Life Support or Advanced Cardio Life Support Certificate up to date
- Comply with the company policy on complaints and patient services.
- Ensure adherence to all policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines relation to professional practice including the maintenance of Quality Assurance standards.
- The employee must be physically capable of carrying out all assigned duties:
- Emotional and physical health sufficient to meet the demands of the position.
- Strength sufficient to: lift some patients, move heavy equipment on wheels (up to approximately 500 lbs), and to move patients in wheelchairs and stretchers.
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Excellent planning, priority and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability and approachability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Patient Focus
By clicking apply to this role your application will not only be considered for this position, but your details will be stored on our database and may be considered for similar future positions that may arise. This means that the personal data contained in your application and provided to Affidea as part of the application process may be retained by us for up to 12 months from the date of your application. After this time, it will be deleted.
If you do not wish your details to be stored on our recruitment database, please email Affidea recruitment stating this and we will ensure that such information is not stored other than for the purposes of this application. Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for more information. to Affidea’s Data Privacy Notice for Recruitment