Unijobs Ltd on behalf of our client, NUIG is currently recruiting for Student Ambassadors for Registration to be based in the Registry Office, Áras Uí Chathail of NUI Galway from Monday 15th August to Friday 30th September 2022.
The role for the Student Ambassadors will be on the Registration Helpdesk which is situated in the Registry Office dealing specifically with registration queries from new and current students, staff, parents, external funders (SUSI and Grant Authorities) and the general public. All staff will be working on campus from 09:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday.
This is a customer service role working directly with the Registration Team under the co-ordination and direction of the Registration Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities of Registration Helpdesk staff:
- The full and accurate completion of all necessary Registration Information in line with University regulations and procedures
- Updating students curriculum as directed by the Registration team
- Printing Student ID cards as directed
- Deal directly with customers’ queries – face to face, telephone, email and video in resolving issues in an accurate, timely and friendly manner. See Lockdown Considerations below for further details which will dictate how some dealings occur.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions by recording details of inquiries, comments and issues
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments, Fees Office, Admissions Office and College Offices (Administration and Academics) on registration issues
- Candidates must be available for the entire duration of the Registration Schedule.
- Demonstrate flexibility, availability and cooperation with Academic Administration in all aspects of the Registration process.
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge and proficiency in the operation and use of personal computers utilizing word processing, spreadsheets and data management software programs (e.g. MS Office Suite, Office 365, MS word and Excel) and the internet browsers, websites and e-mail.
- Familiarity with Windows, Android and iOS portable devices would be advantageous
- Numeric, oral and written language applications
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills – verbal and written
- Listening skills
- Follow instructions well
- Problem analysis and problem-solving using initiative, patience
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service orientation
- Flexibility and ability to work as part of a team
- Discretion at all times
The hourly rate of pay is €15.13
** Please Note:
Students must have completed and passed final year exams
Students must have completed and passed their final year exams to be eligible for this temporary employment and must not be enrolled on a full time course that overlaps with the timeframe outlined above.
UniJobs is an equal opportunities employer.