The role of Nurse Supervisor is management of all aspects of the operation to ensure it runs smoothly, leading the team, monitoring all calls, nurse phone advice as required, staff management, performance management, point of contact for all staff when on duty, resolving any issues that arise, etc.).
The service is a Co-op of 130+ doctors that reside in Kildare and Wicklow. This service provides care to patients when their daytime GP practice is closed.
Candidate Qualifications and Experience
- General Nursing (RGN)
- Paediatric/Practice Nursing or A&E experience would be an advantage
- Experience from any other Out of Hours Co-Ops would be advantageous
- Computer literate familiar with Microsoft office suite
- Strict adherence to patient confidentiality and all Data Protection Legislation
- Registered with An Bord Altranis and provide evidence of same
- Excellent command of English both written & verbal
Team player, patient focused, strong problem-solving skills, positive, empathic, good listener, ability to prioritize, ability to perform under stress.
Working hours are as per the roster, a combination of the below:
Midweek: 6pm to midnight
Weekends/ Bank Holidays: 8am-4pm, 12pm-8pm or 4pm-midnight.
As the service operates 365 days per year, flexibility is very important.
Hourly rate: From 32.71 per hour
- Full training provided
- Uniforms provided
- Leave calculated at 12% hours worked up to max 31 days per year
- Death in service benefit x2 salary
- Pension scheme with 5% employers contribution (min 3% employee contribution)
- Flexible work roster
- Bike to work scheme
- Fully equipped Kitchen with complementary tea & coffee
- CPD courses
- Free on-site parking
If interested please email: