Would you like the opportunity to be Operations Manager for a new Weekend shift pattern being introduced to an excellent Medical Dveices Manufacturign company in Cork?
This Operations Manager role will suit a natural leader with excellent people skills, and an aptitude for busienss.
High profile role where you can make your stamp with an organisation reknowmed for progressing and developing talent.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Day-to-day effective management of production, ensuring products are produced in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Establish performance targets for the Business Unit(s), and monitor actual Business Unit performance against targets, taking appropriate and timely corrective action where negative trends begin to emerge.
- Leadership of one or multiple high performing and diverse teams across units, provides guidance / direction to the operational and functional areas on site, fostering an environment of proactive and continuous improvement approach.
- Ensure that sufficient processes are in place for capacity planning so the organisation’s commitment to meets or exceeds customer requirements are met.
- Sponsors an environment of Safety, Quality, People Development and CI .
- Champions a positive employee environment by promoting open communication, engagement and development of quality teams.
- Promotes a culture of inclusiveness, trust, flexibility and teamwork.
- Ensures effective processes in selection of competent talent and supports the development of future potential experts and leaders.
- Ensures effective training and performance management processes are in place and executed.
- Sponsors and ensures engagement in all internal and external audit programmes such as Corporate, notified body & FDA audits.
- Oversight and responsibility to ensure operation units maintains adherence to all KPI’s (Safety, Quality, Service, Cost, and People Development). Continuously monitors and partakes in Local and global forums to assess opportunities for improvement.
- With global alignment, ensures that necessary Capacity is in place across the network to meet our Customers’ Demands.
Qualifications Knowledge Skills
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering/ Business or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years’ experience and an established track record of successfully creating and managing a highly talented, engaged and performing team.
- Passionate about delivery and has an established track record of delivering results in a complex, dynamic, and results motivated environment.
- Passionate about delivery and has a successful track record of delivering results in a complex, dynamic, and results motivated environment.
- Provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff
- Excellent leader with a skill for engaging their team in a common goal
- Operates with considerable latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Exceptional communication skills to influence key decision makers at all levels within the Organisation.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit for driving business forward- relentless drive to deliver on bold and innovative change initiatives.
- Initiates, sponsors, and implements change
- Steady emotional intelligence to guide how to achieve through others.
- Sound financial acumen