Are you looking for a Part Time role as a Care Assistant?
Waterford Intellectual Disability Association are currently recruiting for Part Time Care Assistants to join their team working across respite and residential services.
Who We Are:
WIDA is a community based voluntary provider of services for adults and children with an intellectual disability and/or autism in Waterford City and County.
WIDA is registered charity, with a voluntary Board of Directors, and is fully funded by the Health Service Executive.
Hours of Work:
You will work a minimum of 120 hours per 4 weeks.
What We Offer:
- HSE Consolidated Pay scales and rates apply
- Company Pension
- Death-in-Service Benefit
- Continuous Professional Development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Bike to Work Scheme
- 23 days holidays (Pro Rata)
- A minimum of QQI Level 5 in Health Care/ChildCare/Social Care or similar qualification essential
- 1+ years’ experience working as a Care Assistant (ID experience, preferable)
- Full Clean Drivers Licence (Preferable)
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to show leadership
- Resilience and empathy
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility in work duties and working hours
- Respect the dignity and privacy of service users
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Knowledge of HIQA and New Directions standards.
Sample of responsibilities of the Position :
- Organise and participate actively in the recreational, educational and training programmes of service users.
- Foster, encourage and develop the social skills of each service user.
- Implementation of a Person Centred approach for each service user.
- To carry out risk assessments, implement care plans and conduct reviews.
- Support service users medication management
- Provide a safe and supportive and empowering environment for service users