Personal Lines Agent – Direct Sales (Part & Full Time-Hybrid)
Zurich Insurance Plc in our Wexford Centre of Excellence is looking for a Personal Lines Direct Sales Agent (Part & Full Time -Hybrid) to join the Direct New Business Team who manage all Direct & KBC new business across our home, motor, van and travel products.
If you have a flair for sales, and are a target focused individual you will enjoy working in our sales team.
Are you who we’re looking for?
We know that by employing the best, it helps us become the best. We want people who share our passion for innovation and delivering world-class products and services to our customers, whoever and wherever they are.
Candidates should have strong technical, analytical and communication skills. Equally important, though, is the attitude. We’re looking for people who are able to work as part of a team, who have the right mindset to get the job done, who are open to continual learning and the sharing of knowledge, and who are willing to challenge the status quo when it’s needed.
As a Direct Sales Agent your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Working in the sales team the Direct Sales Agent will be responsible for following up on quotations and completing sales of our Zurich products (home, motor & travel) over the phone – direct with our customers and partners.
- You will work in a target driven environment and will be rewarded with a competitive sales bonus on a monthly basis for meeting or exceeding your monthly targets.
- Identify and develop calls likely to result in new business.
- Identify cross-selling prospects for additional products and arrange follow-up calls with customers for future sales opportunities.
- Convert quotations into sales in order to exceed individual and team targets.
- Engaging and building rapport with customers through working on outbound campaigns to provide new quotations and to follow up on existing quotations
- Follow up on quotations with customers which have been initiated online and converting these into sales over the telephone in line with defined targets
- Retain current customers in line with challenging business targets.
- Identify upsell opportunities for additional policy benefits.
- Contacting targeted renewals to drive retention targets.
- Build rapport & relationship with our potential and existing customers.
- Experience in the insurance industry would be desirable.
- A minimum of 2 Grade C3/H5 at Higher Level in the Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) or FETAC Level 6 Diploma.
Preferred Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Be well-organised, results driven and capable of working to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience of working in a sales environment, with track record of achieving targets, is an advantage
- Demonstrates negotiation skills to close new business or renewal offer targets
- Have an appetite for continuous personal development
- Completed, or be in the process of completing, CIP or ACII qualification is desirable but not essential
Zurich Wexford offer a very attractive remuneration package and benefits. Some of our benefits include:
- Educational support to complete the APA exams; and training & development opportunities
- Bonus of up to 15% annually on top of basic salary
- Personal insurance discounts; including Motor and Travel Insurance
- Health Insurance Subsidy
- Membership of the Company’s active Sports & Social Club
- Free on-site parking, bicycle parking & shower facilities
- A Zurich Contributory Pension Scheme
Primary work location is Wexford. Position is Wexford based but occasional travel may be required to other Zurich locations.
Some benefits include: Training & development opportunities; Staff Pension Scheme; Free on-site parking; Sports and Social Club; Bike to work/Tax Saver; Bicycle Parking & Shower Facilities; and more.
If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
Who we are
Zurich is one of Ireland’s leading insurance companies providing a wide range of general insurance and life insurance products and services. The company employs over 1,000 people across its locations in Dublin and Wexford.
Zurich is a strong brand – with our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich, we foster a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our purpose and values are designed to protect, inspire confidence and help our employees reach their full potential. We value and defend what is right and promote opportunities for equity among our professionals, regardless of gender, disability, LGBTQ +, race, ethnicity, generations, belief, etc. Join Zurich and be part of this culture. Together we are committed to delivering on our purpose – Let’s Create a Brighter Future Together!