Apprenticeship at Pfizer Ringaskiddy, Cork
Earn as you Learn
With a Pfizer Apprenticeship, you will earn as you learn, while building experience with a global leader.
Our apprenticeships mean your work will help deliver life-changing treatment to millions of people across the world. It means working for a company that believes in diversity, equity and excellence while protecting your work-life balance. It also means working with colleagues who take your ideas seriously and support your lifelong learning and development to achieve your true potential.
Our apprenticeship scheme runs for 4 years in partnership with Solus. With a Pfizer Apprenticeship, you’ll work with world-leaders in your field and study towards a nationally recognised professional qualification, all this while earning a highly competitive salary.
If you want an Apprenticeship that matters, you’ll find it at the Pfizer Ringaskiddy Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) Manufacturing Site.
Pfizer Ireland Pharmaceuticals, Ringaskiddy, Cork is recruiting for:
- Mechanical Automation & Maintenance Fitter Apprentices
- Electrical Instrumentation Crafts Apprentices
The following is an overview of the role responsibilities:
Mechanical Automation & Maintenance:
- You will be involved in directly supporting installation, maintenance and repairs to equipment that manufactures lifesaving medicine.
- You will also support replacement of parts, servicing and checking components and equipment component replacement on site. You may also be involved in fabricating parts using machine tools.
- You will be involved in the integration of state-of-the-art innovative mechanical technology involving computer, electronic and programmable controls systems with mechanical/hydraulic/pneumatic systems.
- You will maintain all equipment in accordance with Safety & Quality Excellence.
- You will help the site maintain 100% compliance with Environmental, Safety, Legal, Regulatory, Corporate Policy and Intellectual Property Standards.
- You will be involved in the installation, commissioning, testing and maintenance of various electrical systems and services on site that helps the manufacture of life saving medicines. You will maintain all equipment in accordance with Safety & Quality Excellence.
- You will carry out installation, maintenance and calibration of measuring instruments, sensors transmitting and controlling devices and systems.
- You will help the site maintain 100% compliance with Environmental, Safety, Legal, Regulatory, Corporate Policy and Intellectual Property Standards
What we Offer?
- An opportunity to work for a fantastic company with a great on-site team.
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate Craft.
- 4-year Apprentice contract.
- This apprenticeship consists of four on-the-job phases and three off-the-job phases in an educational organisation.
- Excellent opportunities for sponsored further education.
- Highly competitive salary with benefits, bonus scheme, healthcare, pension, share scheme, on site gym, and a lot more!
- Completed or in the process of completing your Leaving Certificate. You will have a minimum of a Pass in Mathematics, English and any Technical/Science subject.
- Can demonstrate a keen interest in the discipline apprenticeship you are applying for in your application and during the selection process.
- Demonstrate Pfizer values: Excellence, Joy, Equity, Courage