Role: Polymer Scientist
Client: Our client is a successful global medical technology company who are passionate about bringing new and innovative solutions to the world of health. This company is committed to developing ground-breaking medical and biotechnology services and devices, by fostering a creative environment where each individual has the chance to make a difference.
The Opportunity: This role offers an excellent opportunity for an innovative and autonomous scientist who is looking to build their career in product development. The position will offer an incredible opportunity to act as an integral part of the development of a new and exciting product for the benefit of human health.
- Early-stage technology development supporting future product development for implantable surgical devices.
- Developing prototype designs, overcoming chemical, material, and manufacturing process design challenges to meet customer needs.
- Creating design specifications and defining the relationship between design specifications and the critical design feature.
- Development, planning and conducting of clinically relevant test methods to verify that the product meets design specifications and modifying the design as required.
- Generate product development documentation and reports.
- Minimum BSc degree in a relevant scientific discipline such as Protein Science or Bio Engineering.
- 2+ years relevant industry experience working in similar fields.
- Knowledge of implantable bio materials and coatings for medical/surgical applications is desired