About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Northern Trust Asset Management (NTAM) Product Management is responsible for the end to end management of all the EMEA Pooled funds across four distinct fund Umbrella ranges.
We have 4 established Irish Umbrellas, a Money Market, a PLC, a Common Contractual Fund & ICAV; we are also responsible for a Dutch domiciled UCITS FGR which utilizes the Irish Management Company passport into the Netherlands; and provide support to an ETF ICAV.
Northern Trust Asset Management managed $1.3 trillion of assets at December 2021. The EMEA pooled funds accounted for approximately $100 billion.
A central component to NTAM’s investment philosophy for the last 30 years is Environmental Social Governance (ESG) investing. EMEA has led the way in development of ESG strategies throughout all our fund ranges. The funds are predominantly equity and fixed income index trackers with also quantitative active strategies, as well as liquidity, these are all UCITS regulated products.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage a small team leading the day to day UCITS requirements for various pooled product fund ranges ensuring relevant fund documentation (Prospectus, Supplement & KIIDs) is in place and governance processes are followed.
- Ensure the correct running of the pooled funds from launch to cessation and all regulatory requirements are met, including quarterly Board Reporting, KIIDs and Fund Profiles.
- Provide technical fund expertise to internal and external clients as required across the product suite and keep knowledge up to date with a product set that constantly needs to evolve and grow in response to growing business needs and client demands.
- Ability to develop strong relationships both internally (Sales, legal, RFP, PMs, risk & compliance) and externally (tax advisors, administrators, custodians and Mancos) helping build out the pooled product team’s reputation as the ‘go to’ team for technical product related queries.
- Proactively identify and lead process improvements, driving automation and efficiency as the funds have grown rapidly in the last several years. Also ensuring training manuals, policies and procedures are kept up to date..
- Strong financial acumen are required to oversee the ongoing budgets across all the fund ranges and to be able to coordinate and facilitate the statutory audits and presentation of the financial statements to the fund boards.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Experience in a product development/ management role is very beneficial
- Extensive experience in UCITS Fund ranges – eg Depo, Fund Accounting, Client Services, Transfer Agency (with a view to progressing one’s career in a specific product manager role in Northern Trust Asset Management with a willingness to learn)
- Ideally some experience of working within a product governance or change management environment or fund launches would be advantageous.
- Clear ability to execute and manage key stakeholders within the business.
- Ability to work in a very fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Track record in delivering solutions for an ever evolving regulatory environment.
- Experience of managing and developing teams.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Degree preferably in Finance or related discipline.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or CFA is highly desirable.
- Ideally some element of experience in reviewing & challenging Financial Statements both IFRS & Irish GAAP.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.