embecta, formerly part of BD, is one of the largest pure-play diabetes care companies in the world, leveraging its nearly 100-year legacy in insulin delivery to empower people with diabetes to live their best life through innovative solutions, partnerships and the passion of more than 2,000 employees around the globe.
Job Description Summary
Embecta, formerly part of BD, is one of the largest pure-play diabetes care companies in the world, leveraging its nearly 100-year legacy in insulin delivery to empower people with diabetes to live their best life through innovative solutions, partnerships and the passion of more than 2,000 employees around the globe.
The plant, based in Dun Laoghaire, runs 24/7 and is the Worldwide Centre of Excellence for Pen Needle Manufacturing within the BD organisation, producing 4.6 billion medical devices annually. Here we employ approximately 450 people across operations, engineering, quality and R&D.
We are now recruiting 4 x PQS Operators (11-Month Fixed Term Contract) whose role is to meet operational needs across the site. This includes monitoring and maintaining production and quality performance to meet specified standards in accordance with GMP. This is a busy and varied role.
Main responsibilities will include:
- The Operator will carry out the full range of responsibilities and duties required to meet current and future operational needs. This includes monitoring and maintaining production and quality performance to meet specified standards.
- Routine adjustments, repairs and maintenance of machines will be carried out by Operators.
- Operators will carry out all duties in line with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and will record production and testing data in line with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Operators will use existing technology and will embrace any requirements to acquire additional skills for new tools/equipment etc.
- Operators will participate in initiatives, projects & teams as required including Continuous Improvement, QIP (Quality Improvement Programme), Lean and 6 Sigma type teams.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to accurately document work performed.
- Ability to work primarily on your own initiative but experience working as part of a team will be required occasionally – You need to have a Strong planning and organizational ability.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years work experience in a regulated manufacturing/production environment and have a proven ability and willingness to learn. You will be technically qualified with a Leaving Certificate or substantial GMP manufacturing experience and a third level qualification in a technical discipline is desirable. You will need to have an excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of colleagues.
You will have knowledge of using IT systems such as manufacturing execution systems, online self-service portals, training systems and barcode scanners required. Experience of working in a highly automated and high-speed environment and in a controlled clean room environment would be a distinct advantage. You will be hands on and have a sense of urgency. Ability to function as part of a team and work on own initiative. The ideal candidate will have some GMP/GDP experience and high level of safety awareness.
This role will include Shift work, previous experience of Shift patterns is required. You must be willing to work on a 4-shift basis, the company will operate 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Primary Work Location
IRL Dun Laoghaire – Pottery Road