Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin is seeking to fill the following position:
The primary purpose of this post is to support Practice Education in Dietetics for the BSc Human Nutrition and Dietetics, the undergraduate programme run jointly between Trinity and the Technological University Dublin. The successful candidate will be a CORU-registered Dietitian with experience of working in acute and/or community healthcare settings. The postholder will contribute to the practice education of undergraduate students and will optimise the implementation and quality assurance of practice education. The role involves liaising with the Assistant Professor in Dietetics, Practice Education Coordinator, Dietitian Managers, Practice Educators, Practice Tutors in healthcare settings, programme staff from both institutions and students across the programme.
• Liaise with the Practice Education Coordinator to optimise practice education learning
• Facilitate effective working relationships with key placement partners
• Contribute to specific preparatory practice education induction modules
• Support student learning in line with specified learning objectives throughout placement
• Participate in the clinical supervision of students in collaboration with placement settings
• Provide feedback to students on their performance and progress
• Support the assessment of student performance in collaboration with key stakeholders
• Organise individual, group, and interprofessional learning activities throughout placement
• Contribute to the implementation of innovative learning and assessment methodologies
• Contribute to the maintenance of quality procedures and standards
• Keep abreast of professional development by attending conferences and courses
The successful candidate must:
• Be registered or eligible for registration as a Dietitian on the CORU Dietitians Registration Board
• Have 3 years full time (or an aggregate of 3 years full time) post qualification dietetic experience
• Be able to able to provide proof of Statutory Registration on the Dietitians Register maintained by the Dietitians Registration Board at CORU before a contract of employment can be issued
Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will be expected to clearly demonstrate the following:
Clinical Knowledge and Practice Education Experience
• Knowledge of the undergraduate practice placement environment
• Knowledge of, and practice in, a range of dietetic specialties
• Experience of providing training to and supervising students
• Experience of facilitating engaging and effective practice education activities
• Evidence of commitment to excellence in practice education
• Experience of working collaboratively and effectively in a multidisciplinary environment
Contribution to University and Engagement with Discipline
• Ability to represent the School and College to professional bodies and advisory boards
• Experience of engaging with working groups to advance the goals of the profession
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to develop and deliver relevant and innovative practice education activities
• Ability to provide effective feedback on performance
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
Informal enquiries to:
• Annemarie Bennett, Assistant Professor in Dietetics.
• Maria O’Sullivan Associate Professor in Nutrition, Deputy Director, BSc Human Nutrition & Dietetics.
This is a 5 year fixed term contract, part-time (50%) 0.5FTE.
All applications must be made via e-Recruitment at
Trinity is an equal opportunities employer, and we encourage applications from talented people of all backgrounds.
This is a five year fixed term contact, full-time
Closing Date: 12 Noon GMT, 11th July 2022