We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Global Sourcing Specialist to join an established multinational medical device manufacturing company on a permanent contract here in Cork. The position will be responsible for developing and executing optimal Category & Sourcing strategies for the Plastics, Resins and Chemicals team. This position will require occasional international travel. A hybrid working model is available.
Interviews to take place promptly, so please get in touch if interested.
· Develop and implement sourcing strategies in key sourcing categories that results in a sustainable competitive advantage.
· Gathers market intelligence and trends for the Categories and Sub-Categories.
· Identifies risks within the Category and works closely with stakeholders to eliminate or take mitigating actions for strategic risks.
· Analyses data and develops tools to manage the Category, including should-cost models, COGS models, etc.
· Identifies insourcing and outsourcing opportunities.
· Guide respective internal leads through a holistic & systematic category approach to material & supplier selection and management.
· Promotes and works towards balanced continuous value improvement for all aspects of quality, service and cost with the assigned supply base.
· Ensures optimal balance between collaborative engagement and competitive pressure with supply base to ensure maximum value is realized, including negotiation of value improvements and optimal supplier contracts.
· Manages strategic supplier relationships in line with the Category Strategy and understands the strategic differentiators for each supplier.
· Owns annual budget process for assigned suppliers as well as crisis or systematic issue resolution.
· Establish early involvement to achieve development performance goals, support project timelines, and manage product costs.
· Experience with acquisition integration and chemicals preferred
· Level 8 Bachelor’s degree required, Engineering degree preferred and/or technical experience with Injection Molding.
· Minimum of 6 years Strategic Procurement (Sourcing) and Supplier Relationship Management.
· Acquisitions and/or Injection Molding experience preferred.
· Experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Medical Device experience is preferred.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Megan O’Doherty.