Title: Production Group Lead II
Our Client in Galway is seeking an experienced Production Group Lead II to join their team.
- Lead, support, and mentor assigned production areas with a team of 15 production operators.
- Carry out performance reviews for team.
- Maintain and promote a positive atmosphere at all times while making sure company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Make sure products are manufactured in compliance with production schedule and to achieve targets for safety, output, productivity, and quality.
- Keep track of hourly output – make sure all defects and downtime are documented and issues are escalated appropriately.
- Ensure quality issues are resolved in a timely manner and help Quality team if required.
- Make sure all paperwork and equipment are completed and satisfactory prior to transition to next step of manufacturing.
- Assist with amendments to documentation if needed.
- Complete audits and escalated issues as required.
- Make sure production areas are staffed and running efficiently to meet targets.
- Ensure team are trained to a high standard and cross trained as needed.
- Ensure compliance with lean manufacturing policies and procedures and contribute effectively to the Lean Production Management System (LPMS)
- Liaise with and work alongside Engineering, Quality, HR teams as needed.
- Encourage and support implementation of continuous improvement ideas from team members.
- Participate in interviews and screening process for new employees.
- Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as line lead/team leader or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience in a medical device manufacturing environment
- Excellent knowledge of production processes and steps
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative with little supervision.
- Ability to always reach both internal and external customer requirements.
- Interest in continuous improvement.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly’s Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.