Why work for this company?
Our client discovers, develops, manufactures and commercialises medicines, vaccines and diagnostic products, which are complemented by bio-devices, genetic tests and a range of services.
- 65+ years of experience in health
- Nearly $6 billion annual revenues
- 25 manufacturing sites around the world
- 10,000 employees worldwide of which 1,100 employees are committed to R&D
*This is an interim position (Initial 6 month contract)
The incumbent leads a team of production operators at the Wicklow site to achieve agreed levels of schedule adherence, customer service, regulatory compliance and financial targets.
The role will report to the Operations Leader and take responsibility and ownership together with the Manufacturing Operations Manager for all day to day activities associated with Operations. The overarching goal is to ensure the smooth running of operations and the proper and timely resolution of any problems that may arise.
Direct line report to the Operations Lead.
- This position will need to achieve results through colleagues with both a direct and indirect reporting relationship as part of the site recommissioning core project team through to commercialisation. This position will need to interact frequently with site leadership to assure operational goals and objectives are met.
- All employees are expected to model the company’s Core Beliefs. Each team member can influence and bring knowledge to their work teams during their day-to-day interactions.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Chemistry or Process / Chemical Engineering
- Experience in a manufacturing environment in the API industry with a minimum of 3 to 5 years at management level.
Technical Skills and Competencies required
- Strong leadership, communication, decision making and problem-solving skills. A demonstrated ability to motivate and coach others to achieve results.
- Experience with 6 sigma or other operational excellence tools
- Experience of working in a cross functional team in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience of technology transfer and new product/equipment start-up.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise work, goals and tasks in accordance with division and corporate objectives
- Proactive approach to dealing with customer inquiries and requests.
Randstad encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Whilst appointments will be made on merit alone candidates must be able to prove their right to work in the UK or the Republic of Ireland (as relevant). Randstad acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003