Due to the continued success of our client in the medical device industry we are looking for a Production Trainer to provide direct support to the effective operational running of the Production and Process team in Shannon.
The Production Trainer manages, maintains, and complies with the operations training system at the Shannon Manufacturing facility. This role ensures that all operators are trained and competent to carry out their duties and tasks effectively as part of the manufacture of complex medical devices.
During periods of absence, the Production Supervisor shall ensure that all the responsibilities of this position are appropriately assigned. The Production Supervisor has the authority to act on the behalf of the Production Trainer.
- Manages and implements key systems, processes and procedures
- Builds team ownership and accountability in relation to operations training
- Provides training to the team
- Organises and controls all relevant documentation.
- Responsible for team and stakeholder communications; link between the team and all relevant functions; project updates, issues log, metrics, and other key communications.
- Develops current training processes/systems.
- Delivers training and development programs and services.
- Assists in the design and development of training programs.
- Creates best practice training materials
- Assists in the evaluation and optimization of training systems and procedures.
- Identifies and analyses training and development needs of the direct labour organization.
- Measures and continually improves effectiveness of training and development initiatives.
- Works closely with Operations, Quality, Inventory, Shipping, H & S, Engineering, operators on training initiatives.
- Provides direction and support for the Training System
- Ensure all training and tracking practices comply with the regulatory requirements
- Supports audit activities in all internal and external audits.
- Perform other assigned tasks and support all aspects of Operations as directed by the Production Supervisor.
- HETAC Level 5/Level 6 in a relevant discipline e.g. Business, Engineering, Technology or Science.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a medical device ISO 13485 registered facility.
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing and production information, including production drawings, work orders, and related manufacturing and quality specifications.
- Proficient in MS office applications. (Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook)
- Experienced in participating in cross functional teams and projects
- Knowledge of such processes as Induction Brazing, Mikron assembly automation technology, Surface Mount Technology, Medical plastics Injection Moulding is essential for this role.
- Attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Ability to work well with others
- Sound decision making and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with excellent motivational and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a cross functional team.
- Flexible and willing to work within changing priorities and promote change.
- Knowledge of regulatory body requirements in the medical device industry
- Ability to effectively manage a simultaneous range of diverse activities
- Passion for continuous improvement
This attractive role comes with a competitive salary, VHI and Dental package, Pension Plan, a Performance based bonus and free parking.