EM3 is an energy management company that focuses on the energy performance of industrial manufacturing facilities. EM3 is part of the SHV Energy group which has 17,000 employees worldwide. In the past 2 years we have delivered energy management services on large industrial sites in 24 different countries. At EM3 we strive to make working with us a mutually beneficial relationship, offering our Engineers exposure to all areas of our business and supporting their progression through their chosen career path. EM3 are CPD accredited with Engineers Ireland and provide employees with an exciting, challenging and rewarding career in a dynamic and rapidly expanding company which strives to reduce the impact of large industries on the environment and reduce global warming emissions.
Our team includes a mix of engineers and scientists who are educated in the following sectors: Energy Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering. We are currently recruiting an experienced project engineer to work on energy projects, based in Ireland to support our growing business.
Role Responsibilities & Description
The role of the project engineer is to support technical energy audits, surveys and lead project implementation across industrial manufacturing sites in Ireland and globally. Working with Energy management partners to deliver projects providing direct energy benefits and innovative funding options (grants/credit schemes).
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Mechanical / electrical design of energy efficiency solutions for large scale manufacturing facilities. The space where we implement energy performance improvements in include systems such as Chillers, Refrigeration, Heat Pumps, Combined Heat & Power, Heat Recovery, HVAC, Steam and Hot Water Systems and process technologies including Utilities Plant Room design.
- Working with our client sites and our existing design teams to ensure EM3 continue to bring innovative design solutions to address climate action challenges.
- Ensuring quality design deliverables are produced to allow climate action solutions to be successfully implemented in client sites.
- Supporting relationships with clients in the Food, Dairy, Pharmaceutical, Bio-pharmaceutical and healthcare space both in Ireland and internationally.
- Managing the performance of the design team on the project to ensure the client metrics for budget, schedule and energy performance are achieved.
- Liaising with contractors and technology supply partners that would be integral to largescale industrial energy efficiency projects.
- Prepare and communicate progress reports on the design process.
- Resolve technical challenges as they arise during the design and construction phase of projects.
Other Skills, Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in electrical / mechanical / civil engineering
- Good working knowledge of MS office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- Proficiency with AutoCAD an advantage
- Good working knowledge of building regulations and CIBSE/ASHRAE design codes
- Good working knowledge of environment, health and safety legislation requirements
- Experience with industrial facilities such as Dairy, Nutrition, Pharma, Biopharma & Medical Device manufacturing facilities
- Fluency in other languages an advantage
- A third level qualification in engineering discipline preferably mechanical, electrical, civil and building services or a related discipline.
The ideal candidate will be a self starter, with the ability to envisage the purpose of the job and structure the role around this. He/she must be motivated and have a demonstrable aptitude for facilities systems. He/she must be able to interact with a variety of people in a variety of positions, and impress them with a can-do attitude and responsiveness.
- Work from home opportunities
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Life insurance
- Education reimbursement