This role is a 12 Month Contract with a view to extension.
A biopharmaceutical company in Waterford is looking for an accountable project engineer to deliver a diverse project portfolio assignment. The delivery of this project portfolio will be within their biopharmaceutical operations which include enzymes, monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), oral dosage, medical devices, laboratories & packaging operations. The successful candidate will schedule, plan, forecast, resource, and manage all activities to ensure the project schedule, cost, quality, and scope adherence are maintained from conception to completion. The assigned projects will be for a multi-million-euro portfolio.
• Deliver on Biopharmaceutical equipment project portfolio within our biopharmaceutical operations which include enzyme, monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), oral dosage, medical device, laboratories & packaging operations.
• Perform procurement, acceptance of equipment & associated infrastructure and report regularly on project status throughout the project lifecycle.
• Ensure compliance with environmental, health, and safety codes practices, approved project KPIs, performance standards and specifications are maintained.
• Liaise with external and internal customers, suppliers, and vendors to define and deliver the right-first-time project deployment.
• Chair and Interaction with assigned project teams to interpret their requirements and ensure approval to align project scope as requested.
• Assign responsibilities, mentor project team, and maintain accurate project planning documentation as defined by the stage-gate model for project delivery.
• Communicate effectively with weekly reports to management and senior stakeholders.
• Support other project participants to overcome obstacles when they present themselves.
• Review engineering deliverables, initiate site change controls, and associate
documentation required by the project life cycle.
• Responsible for delivering performance metrics for budget, schedule, scope, and quality adherence.
• The role will focus on Electrical Infrastructure including MV/LV Infrastructure upgrades to planning and implementation of additional electrical capacity for the expanding site.
• The role will also support the move to renewable energy sources and the implementation of these solutions.
• Degree in Chem/Mechanical, Industrial or equivalent Engineering discipline.
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in a project management role.
• Detailed knowledge of the cGMP pharmaceutical environment.
• Exemplary communication, dedication, and keen focus on delivering the key to success within the role.
• Master’s degree would be an advantage.