An opportunity has arisen with a leading medical device company in Galway who are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join their team on a 12 month basis.
The Project Manager’s prime responsibility is to ensure that the project delivers business change results within the specified tolerances of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits. The Project Manager is also responsible for the project producing a result capable of achieving the benefits defined in the Business Case and by the Project/Programme Board.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and facilitate IDEM projects as they deliver change to the organisation at a global and local level to ensure change is controlled, aligned with corporate strategy and delivered within the time, cost and quality parameters set out in the business case.
- Directly create and maintain the project documentation that will be used throughout the change lifecycle to ensure performance monitoring and alignment with corporate strategy and business objectives. Project initiation documents include (and are not limited to):
- Business case
- Project risk register
- Project plan (MS Project)
- Communication plan
- Status reporting
- Stakeholder analysis
- Project end report
- Manage the production of the required project outputs, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Train and mentor the project participants in project management methodologies throughout the project lifecycle
- Liaise with global Leadership teams to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated by related projects.
- Ensure project team compliance with applicable company guidelines and documentation requirements.
- Liaise with external suppliers or account managers, when required.
- Lead and motivate the project team, ensuring the behavioural expectations of team members are established.
- Activity engage in process improvement activities within the organisation
- Accredited Project Management qualification required (PRINCE2 Practitioner preferred).
- Minimum of 3-5 years project management experience with global teams.
- A track record of managing multifunctional, globally dispersed teams.
- Experience in medical device industry preferred.
- Planning, problem solving, negotiations and facilitation should be core competencies
- Proven proficiency with project management methodologies and techniques.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills necessary to integrate several departments toward company objectives.
- Demonstrated administrative, written and verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong competency in the use of MS Project, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint programs essential.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and multi task while working in a fast paced environment.
- Previous experience in product stewardship projects an advantage – projects focused on reducing the environmental, health and safety impact of products and its packaging.
Excellent communication and organisational skills (written & verbal across cultures).
- Demonstration of strong influencing skills at all levels of the organization.
- Developing an environment of effective team work, trust and communication is essential.
- Experience of managing geographically dispersed teams using multiple communication channels to drive results and build relationships.
My client, a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life are looking for a Senior R&D Innovation Manager to join their new R&D Facility based here in Galway. This will be a hybrid role split between the office and WFH. If you are looking for a role to make a real impact on your career and on patient lives please get in touch today.
- Lead the R&D innovation strategy in the area of lateral flow technology with ownership for realizing conceptual / ideation projects in to the new product development pipeline
- Develop and own the R&D Human Factors Engineering activities for IDEM and create “norms” in design phase that drive formative studies and patient interaction to improve useability.
- Drive design best practices through design for six sigma philosophies and create a design roadmap for best in class devices
- Foster innovation culture through the establishment of invention disclosure goals, metrics and IP process.
- Ownership of Design Input Requirements management tools e.g. JAMA and significant contributor to design controls oversight.
- Create and deploy development strategies while providing tactical leadership for medical device innovation and product support programs.
- Ensure that strategic proposal milestones are achieved with cross functional partners
- Create and manage design input (user needs) program working collaboratively with Commercial, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Quality and other stakeholders.
- Understand new innovative technologies from other industries and integrate in an innovative way in existing or future systems.
- Must have the ability to work with customers, patients, Key Opinion Leaders and End Users to develop and refine VOC into Design Inputs
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
- BS or MS degree in a scientific or engineering discipline
- MBA or other Advanced degree is ideal
- 10+ years of complex system design including design best practices with proven technical leadership experience
- Previous experience as either a systems engineer, design requirements owner or technical leadership role for complex Medical Device.
- Excellent problem solving methodology with an ability to impart knowledge to wider R&D organisation
- Demonstrated ability to make data driven decisions between technology, clinical and business objectives
- Complex problem solving and decision-making based upon the available data.
- Leverages personal experience with a proven track record in developing R&D teams
- Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; ability to communicate a complex technical scenario to all parts of the organization
- Effective at building strong cross functional relationships with the key stakeholders.
- Communicates up and down appropriately and effectively
- Ability to develop relationship and collaborate with internal, external suppliers and Key Opinion Leaders
For a more detailed and confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.
My client, a