Project Manager – Permanent
Location: Dublin, IE
Company: Canada Life Group Services
Canada Life Group is the top-level European holding company for the Great-West Lifeco Group’s European insurance, reinsurance, and asset management companies, with business operations in the UK, Ireland, Germany, and the Isle of Man. European Technology (ET) sits within Canada Life Group and encompasses the technology community across the European entities; Irish Life Group (Ireland), Canada Life (UK), and Canada Life Europe (Germany). ET supports the business strategies and collaboration of technology across all these entities. There are 13 distinct IT units within ET, each of which has its own individual set of technology platforms.
Central Technology Services (CTS) is a centralised function within ET that architects deliver and run shared systems and infrastructure across the European entities and operates IT security underpinning all IT activities.
The Change Services Department in Central Technology Services has undergone a transformation over the past two years to simplify methodologies and embed industry-standard practices to better meet our customer needs. The next phase of this transformation needs to leverage existing work completed and establish a cohesive system that manages all change portfolios centrally, across the following portfolios: Cyber, Health & Improvement, Odyssey, Application Services, Irish Life, Canada Life Europe, and Canada Life UK.
• Lead and implement customer and internal initiatives that enable CTS to deliver more efficiently in a constantly changing and demanding marketplace.
• Scope, plan, and delivery of programs of work to agreed timelines, quality, and budget.
• Ability to scope, lead and implement technical infrastructure projects along with proven ability to work with software development teams.
• Management of program stakeholders internal (including project resources).
• Create and manage project plans, defining scope, deliverables, budgets, timelines & milestones, and critical path
• Define project resource needs and work with management to ensure resource availability
• Determine project delivery budget and ensure close change management to ensure delivery within budget
• Ensure adequate, robust governance is put in place at all levels
• Create accurate and effective Management Information on the delivery status
• Proactively manage risks and issues through accurate and timely identification, mitigation, and closure
• Assignment and effective management of tasks to completion
• Ability to manage competing objectives and prioritise tasks
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
• Degree qualified or equivalent in a Computer Science or Information Technology discipline
• PM Qualification
• Proven experience working in an environment as a Project Manager (4-5 years+)
• Agile delivery experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Flexible approach, with the ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Working in an agile working environment with regular change, at pace and to tight deadlines
• Core tools of the trade including MS Project, MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio), SharePoint, Jira, Confluence.
- Communication and Influencing
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Commercial Awareness
The company reserves the right to draw up a shortlist as part of the selection process. Where Agency assistance is required the Canada Life Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Canada Life by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Canada Life Group Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. We have created an environment of inclusion and growth to help people achieve their potential, to ensure they can bring their whole selves to work and to feel valued. We celebrate diversity of thought and perspective and want all of our employees to feel valued, respected and supported. We have built a culture that promotes equality and inclusion for all of our current and future employees and strive to ensure that our behaviours, processes and practices are aligned to this culture.
Please note the closing date for receipt of applications is 05/05/2022 .
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process please contact and we will be delighted to ensure you are fully supported to be your best.
CLGS supports Equal Opportunity and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
Project Manager – Permanent