Project Process Engineer – Manufacturing Support Description
The role of the Project Process Engineer is to provide technical engineering leadership to support specific manufacturing technologies to meet Safety, Quality and Service objectives. The engineer will be based in Ballina, and will serve Manufacturing Operations as primary customer.
- Report on OEE metrics, waste and in-process failure investigations.
- Provide technical support for new equipment/process introduction from concept development phase through to transfer to production phase.
- Troubleshoot existing manufacturing problems and implement suitable improvements to eliminate problems from recurring.
- Use DMAIC and Lean tools to drive the elimination of waste.
- Analyse operating data to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Lead and/or participate in cross-functional project teams
- Work with the Operations team to implement robust solutions.
- Ensure all production equipment, processes and work areas meet Health & Safety standards
QUALIFICATIONS Primary Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Ideally 5 years previous experience in medical device manufacturing role
SPECIALISED SKILLS/TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
- Understanding of PLC systems and pneumatics to an advanced level
- 2/3D CAD skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – able to present information clearly and effectively to all levels of the company
- Good time-management skills – able to manage multiple assignments or projects
- Capable of initiating and leading change in the organisation
- Use of Lean Manufacturing principles (SMED and DMAIC techniques) As an independent, employee-owned company that develops, manufactures, and markets products for ostomy care, continence care, and wound care and develops educational support for patients and healthcare professionals. We have been in business for more than 95 years. Our products are sold in more than 90 countries and we have manufacturing and distribution centers on three continents. We are passionate about the work we do, and we are committed to making life more rewarding and dignified for our Associates and for the people who use our products and services. A career with us can take many paths, all of them leading to rewarding opportunities.
For more information on this Project Process Engineer role in Mayo please contact Dominic Courtney on or email
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website –
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.