Job Title: Quality Manager
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits
At Kelly’s we are currently working with an exciting client in the Galway area, looking for a Quality Manager to join their expanding team. The Quality Manager will possess excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with a proven track record in leading a quality function within a medical device manufacturing company.
- Be the leader of quality and continuous improvement within the company. Continuously promote quality and customer satisfaction in everything that the company does
- Ensure that customer requirements are understood and achieved for the lifecycle of the product. Work with customer and suppliers on quality related issues and NPI projects
- Develop and implement effective and efficient quality management strategies, policies and procedures. Ensure that the Quality Management system is effective and fully compliant with customer, regulatory, legislative and business requirements
- Lead the company continuous improvement program, utilizing lead and six sigma principles, tools and techniques
- Provide expert quality assurance input into problem solving, change management, validations and product disposition activities
- Ensure that problems are effectively solved using systematic problem solving methodologies. Coach and mentor staff in problem-solving.
- Fulfill the role of management representative for the Quality Management system
- Ensure supplier quality is effectively managed
- Manage and develop the Quality team which will consist of Quality and Continuous Engineers and Technicians. Manage the quality function within agreed budget
- Lead quality related projects ensuring that they are delivered on time and within budget
- Prepare for and manage customer and regulatory audits
- Degree qualification in Quality, Engineering, Science or relevant experience in a quality assurance role within the Medical Device industry
- Proven track record in leading the quality function within a medical device manufacturing company
- Thorough knowledge of quality management systems and associated regulatory requirements (ISO 13485, FDA etc.)
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of statistical analysis (including Minitab)
- Must be able to communicate at all levels of the organization and with customers suppliers and regulatory agencies
- Good interpersonal skills, team player, with a positive attitude in dealing with people
- Must be innovative and be driven to implement change to systems and procedures
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly’s Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.