Quality Systems Engineer
In growth stage this medical device company, based in Galway is dedicated to improving the quality of life for stroke patients.
- An inclusive work environment, where all the employees are valued, supported, and encouraged
- All employees have a seat at the table and have influence
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant, and performance is rewarded
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of a technology that can positively impact the treatment of one of the world’s most devastating diseases
Quality Engineer Role
This role is intended for a candidate who has limited experience and wishes to grow and learn within a rich working environment. As a Quality Engineer, you will provide support in quality assurance, control, and manufacturing activities with a focus on continuous improvement of products and processes for in-house developed technology. You will support the execution of initiatives and projects to enhance quality performance within the business, ensuring compliance to regulation and standards.
- Lead quality system improvement initiatives and ensure maintenance of the quality system.
- Support supplier quality activities impacting daily operations.
- Work closely with R&D and Manufacturing to execute product and process verification and validation activities in accordance with quality system policies and practices.
- Execute quality risk management including hazard/failure mode effects analysis.
- Develop appropriate product inspection and process monitoring criteria and methods.
- Execute and track Design Control activities.
- Own and manage internal and supplier driven non-conformances and CAPAs, ensuring timely containment actions, corrections, root cause investigation, implementation of corrective actions, and closure.
- Monitor KPIs for tracking of process and/or product quality, perform analysis and interpret trends.
- A hybrid approach of working from home and in the office will be considered for this role in accordance with company policy.
- Degree in Engineering or Science discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years’ quality related experience in the medical device industry
- A hands-on mindset
Any applicant must be eligible to work in Ireland. Existing work permit or EU passport required. No visa sponsorship will be offered with this role.
Contact Joan O’Malley at for more details.