Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 70,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
The Integrated Diagnostics Solutions (IDS) portfolio is broad and exciting, including market leading brands spanning, Specimen Management Solutions, complimented by our Point of Care respiratory portfolio. IDS has directly contributed to tackling the COVID-19 pandemic through provision of Lab based COVID-19 PCR diagnostics, Swab based Viral transport media and COVID-19 Point of Care Diagnostics.
We have an exciting opportunity for a field-based Regional Account Manager to support our IDS portfolio across the Republic of Ireland.
IDS Product Portfolio & Solutions:
BD Vacutainer® (Specimen Management Solutions), BD Widerlab™ TII (Blood Collection Time and Temperature Tracking Solution). Included in the portfolio are the following products: blood collection tubes, safety needles and blood collection sets, blood collection accessories, arterial blood gas syringes, capillary collection, urine collection, transport solutions, etc.
Field based role covering the Republic of Ireland
Competitive salary + 35% OTE + company car + benefits
Territory & Account Management
- Create and execute a multi-year Territory plan to drive competitor share gain and current account expansion, maintenance and retention.
- Maintain and leverage relationships with key partners in HSE and HSCNI Pathology, Clinical and Procurement functions to support long term sustained sales growth and execution of the business strategy.
- Promote BD IDS and BDX on the Territory and act as a BD Brand Ambassador
- Key IDS “Point Person” on territory. Act as a trusted partner to customers. Act as their Champion within BD. Help them to maintain a productive and beneficial relationship with BD IDS and to assist in resolving issues they may have. Engage Customer Care, MSC and Technical Services to support the customer as required.
- Identify BD cross functional resources required to implement the Territory plan. Engage internal partners to form virtual teams to support these initiates.
- Maintain records of all customer activities and communications in Salesforce
- Deliver annual sales targets and drive profitable growth across the designated territory and IDS product portfolio.
- Deliver accelerated growth on Focus products in line with company strategy.
- Identify, prioritise, and successfully close profitable growth opportunities across region utilising the “BD Way of Selling”
- Use BD Customer Engagement Models to progress and close sales opportunities engaging a broad range of BD commercial functions when required. Use the correct Customer Engagement Model matched to the complexity and value of the opportunity. Flex from acting individually to close lower complexity opportunities, to leading small cross functional teams to close medium complexity opportunities, through acting as a team member within a large cross functional or cross regional team working a complex high-value solution-based opportunity.
- Partner with internal collaborators and function groups to deliver sale objectives and in line with Customer Engagement Models. These include Professional Services, Solution Consultant, Managed Services, Technical Services, Contract and Tenders and Marketing teams.
- Implement BD commercial excellence initiatives on Territory eg pricing, contracting and tendering processes, use Customer Engagement Models, Implementation and BO management
- Ensure accurate Account Plans, Project Implementation Plans, Sales Opportunities and Forecasts are documented and maintained for regular review in SFDC. Also provides commentary and insight into sales performance to support monthly business review processes.
- >2 years sales experience within the Life Sciences industry. Ideally these would be in the fields of Microbiology, Molecular, Blood Sciences and Specimen Management, however we are open to candidates with other lab/hospital sales experience who are keen to learn.
- Proven track record of sales success
- Proven track record of territory management and forming productive relationships with key customers.
- Understanding of the HSE purchasing process and healthcare system procurement processes. Working knowledge of commercial terms and conditions of contract.
- Ability to manage & implement multiple opportunities of varied complexity simultaneously
- Excellent presentation skills with strong financial foresight and negotiation skills
- Effective teammate, able to form productive relationships across a range of BD functions to support territory management and sales growth objectives.
- Use of Salesforce CRM. Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in a scientific subject area.
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program – which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components – is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.