Regional EHS Lead, Dublin and Sweden, Senior Appointment
A leading provider of innovative mechanical, electrical and instrumentation engineering solutions for clients throughout Ireland, the UK and Europe are looking a Regional EHS Lead for a Client with sites in Dublin and Sweden.
They offer next generation solutions to clients by designing, building, and installing Data Centres, Pharma and Medical Device plants and Renewable Energy Systems.
Overall Role Objective
The Regional EHS Lead is responsible for leading a team of Health & Safety Professionals across a portfolio of Company Projects and is responsible for ensuring, as far as reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of all employees and subcontractors by effective implementation of risk mitigation tools, communication and active management of company policy and procedure.
What you will be doing?
- Manage a team of Health & Safety Professionals ensuring effective implementation of company policy and procedure.
- Assist the Operations and SHEQ Directors in achieving Company Critical Success Factor 1. ‘To ensure we are fully compliant in all Health, Safety & Workplace Legislation’
- Meet and deliver all objectives set and agreed in your Performance and Development Review.
- Keep abreast of any Health & Safety legislative changes and assist the SHEQ Director in ensuring the company remains compliant.
- Ensure all new sites are adequately set up prior to mobilisation by ensuring a Site-Specific Construction EHS Plans are in place, permit process is agreed and understood etc.
- Responsible for effective training of all Health & Safety Professionals under your area of responsibility to a standard required by the company.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all of the Company’s Hight Risk Activities (HRA’s) and ensure that they are identified and effectively controlled on every site.
- Ensure effective use of Flex on all sites in your area of responsibility.
- Ensure team members are logging their allocation of hours in GaneTime.
- Ensure the ISO Integrated Management System in effectively rolled out on all site under your area of responsibility.
- Participate in Change Management when required.
- Conduct regular audits and inspections of the sites.
- Report and Investigate incidents when they occur and ensure root causes are identified, mitigated and communicated.
- Report to SHEQ Director on the performance of the IMS.
- Work with PPE providers to ensure the most suitable and cost-effective solutions.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by the SHEQ Director, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
- Performance management.
Is this the job for me?
Suitable Candidates must have Relevant Health and Safety Degree and Minimum of 5 years’ experience in EHS Management role within the construction, M&E, or Pharma industries.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload according to deadlines together with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to influence colleagues at all levels.
- Enjoy working as part of a high performing team.
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact James Manley on for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through
James Manley is a dedicated Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist at Vickerstock Technical and Engineering Recruitment. He is based in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and recruits all roles in the Health and Safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor and Officer across the Island of Ireland and Globally.