Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
Location: Galway with some remote working
We are looking to speak with experienced Regulatory Affairs Managers and Senior Specialists about this great new job opportunity in Galway with one of our leading clients? This company stands out for their culture, exceptional career development pathways and unrivalled rewards and recognition packages. This exciting new job opportunity in Regulatory Affairs is located Galway. Galway, voted “Europe most Friendliest City 2020”! Apply to us to find out more about this great job opportunity as a Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager in Galway and we can talk through if it’s the right job for you.
Purpose Of The Job:
The Regulatory Affairs Senior Manager provides a support role to the IDEM Business Unit Manufacturing Site and key project activities. The Regulatory Affairs Senior Manager reports to the Associate Director Regulatory Affairs (manufacturing sites), IDEM. The role is based in Galway, Ireland.
- Develop and implement regulatory strategies that appropriately assess regulatory impact and ensure earliest possible introduction of product(s) or postmarket change management activities into global markets.
- Oversee processes involved with obtaining and maintaining product release authorization and release of product to specified geographies.
- Interface directly with various regulatory agencies, as required, to facilitate the review and approval of regulatory applications.
- Provide technical leadership for site certifications and quality management system audits.
- Coordinates with cross functional teams including but not limited to: IVDR teams, EU Regulatory, International Regulatory, Marketing / PLC, Supply Planning, Customer Service, etc. to ensure all internal and external requirements are met prior to product release.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Provides input and comment on regulations and standards which may affect division products
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behaviour with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices; build productive internal/external working relationships.
- Apply specialized knowledge to coordinate day-to-day work.
- Collaborate with cross-functional global teams.
- Resolve more complex situations by applying demonstrated knowledge and skills generally acquired through job experience.
- Analyze information to select appropriate options from defined alternatives.
- Apply experience and judgment to make decisions or resolve issues within defined options or standard protocols.
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
- Accountable for budgets, schedules, and ensuring compliance to divisional and corporate policies as required.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective relations with internal/external personnel.
- Other duties as assigned, according to the changing needs of the business.
- Independently gather resources and information needed to complete projects.
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) from an accredited University
- Minimum of (10) years of experience in Regulatory Affairs role within a GMP / Biotech / Pharma / Medical Device/ IVD/ Regulated Industry.
- People management experience is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in the GMP / Biotech / Pharma / Regulated Industry.
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to shifting priorities.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Must be coachable and must follow written and verbal direction.
- Must be able to productively generate quality documentation to meet Program timelines
- Flexible scheduling (if needed and advance notice is given).
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, especially in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- General knowledge of Quality/Regulatory requirements in a medical device/ pharma/ biotech industry.
- Adaptability, Innovation, Initiative, Teamwork, Quality of Work, Commitment.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Elaine Ferguson on or email
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website –
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel