Research and Development Engineer
In growth stage this medical device company, based in Galway is dedicated to improving the quality of life for stroke patients.
- An inclusive work environment, where all the employees are valued, supported, and encouraged
- All employees have a seat at the table and have influence
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant, and performance is rewarded
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of a technology that can positively impact the treatment of one of the world’s most devastating diseases
R&D Engineer Role
As an R&D Engineer you will be a key member of the engineering team working within a multidisciplinary framework. This role will be involved in technology advancement projects including but not limited to exploring and investigating new device concepts and validating new technology, processes and methods. The primary product and technology categories supported will be for intracranial large bore aspiration catheters, micro catheters, balloon guide catheters and guide wires.
- Design, build and document development of novel neurovascular catheter-based technology
- Design fixtures and models for proof-of-concept, and verification and validation testing
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes for pilot production
- Support and manage efforts to verify and validate new product designs
- Prepare project plans, specifications, and schedules for product development
- Identify and interact with vendors to obtain engineering materials, processes, and equipment
- Contribute to company Intellectual Property
- Evaluate patents for specific technology areas and participate in patent filings
- Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the medical device industry
- A hands-on mindset
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly prototype product and fixture concepts in-house – using standard catheter building equipment and techniques such as 3D printing
- Modelling and analysis of mechanical systems using SolidWorks or similar
- Experience of working with medical device polymers
- Strong aptitude for design verification and validation test method development and implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly to others in different functions and at various levels
Existing work permit or EU passport required.
Contact Joan O’Malley at for more details.